Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Hyperpigmentation around eyes and eye shape

Hi everyone. I would like to know if there are any solutions to get rid of hyper pigmentation around the eyes. I have had this since I was a child and I am the only one in my family that has this. Any ideas on how to lighten this. Concealer doesn't work for me since it creases under my eyes even with primer and I am looking at a long term solution rather than a quick fix.

Also if you can could you tell me what my eye shape is? I am not sure if it is a prominent eye shape.

I would also like to reduce the size of it with makeup. Any tips?

Re: Hyperpigmentation around eyes and eye shape

If you've had it since a child, unless you had some sort of incident which left the hyperpigmentation, it's probably unlikely you can get rid of it completely.

Are you sure you're the only one in your family with this hyperpigmentation? I also have hyperpigmentation under my eyes (faint reddish brown colouring)...my immediate family doesn't have it, but a couple of cousins on my mom's side have it as well, which basically means it's genetic. I've used brightening eye products but they don't improve the issue long term. All I can do is make sure that area is well-hydrated, and also use concealer. 

You can have inherited the gene for it even if your parents and other family members don't appear to have it. 🙂 

Re: Hyperpigmentation around eyes and eye shape

I think it depends on the cause. If it's a birthmark, then you might need to go to a doctor's office and I don't know what options they have. My hyperpigmentation were from sun damage in my teenage years catching up to me so products with brightening ingredients works. For eye area I look for products with gentle brightening ingredients like vitamin C, niacinamide, licorice or algae extract.

I don't see any pictures attached so I don't know what your eye shape is, but how to make your eyes look smaller/larger is a common question so if you search on BT you might find something helpful. Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing