megcee

How to prevent undereye concealer from creasing

Great news for all you people who are fed up with under eye concealer creasing! Many of you may already know this tip, but I did not, so I will share. Use Smashbox primer AFTER applying corrector and/or concealer to "set" it. Surprisingly it doesn't smudge or ruin the concealer. Just use a very small amount and gently tap into the under eye area and let dry. I finish off with powder. Please let me know if it works for you : )
trucie

Re: How to prevent undereye concealer from creasing

I use a little bit of tarte maracuja oil before I apply concealer :smileyvery-happy:

MermaidBarbie

Great tip, thanks!

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

Son of a gun, I never knew that. Do you think this would work with any primer or is it Smashbox specific? I do have some Smashbox primer samples, just wondered for down the road if I'm done with the samples and decide not to re-order them. Thanks for sharing this, I'll try to come back and let you know how it worked for me. Now I just have to Find the Smashbox primers. It might be a while. :smileywink:

avacoco

What order would you apply products por favor?  Serum, moisterizer, primer, concealer, finish powder?

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

You gave the exact order above. :smileyhappy:  Although some people say put primer before moisturizer but I've always done it in this order. Wonder what other ladies may say. :smileyhappy:

avacoco

WOW - you ARE a Beauty Boss!  I'm a 60 yr old F and my undereyes are driving me nuts.  Have you tried other primers with this technique?  You are my hero if this will work for me!

love4makeup76

[ Edited ]

STOP CONCEALER FROM CREASING ALL DAY!

This concealer setting technique really works! I struggled with creasing concealer for years (super annoying! :smileywink:  and was elated when I found something that worked for me! It might work for others as well! :smileyhappy:

lexikaye

Thanks for the tip megcee! I did not know that and will have to try that out! 

LexiKaye<3

bettygirl

apply primer in the under eye area where you're going to put the concealer BEFORE you apply your concealer.

just like you would use primer on your eyes or face before applying makeup, the same principal applies here!  let the primer set for a minute before apply your concealer.  doing this will also help to fill in fine lines as well as to keep your concealer set and in place.  i like too faced shadow insurance because it's not as emollient as urban decay primer potion and i like the way it dries down better.  

if you have it in your budget, my #1 pick is per-fect.  it's an incredible product and what i use on all my clients.  

good luck!

xx

megcee

(0) Hearts
I've tried both products, and many more and nothing helps! I came across this tip on a beauty blog a few days ago and thought, well that's backwards, but I tried it and it works! To be honest, I find neither of those primers help on my lids either haha. Maybe I have extra oily eyelids. I do *love* NARS Smudge Proof Base though but I'm not sure if you can use in undereye, I'll have to look that up.
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • megcee
    • avacoco
    • bettygirl
    • kssweetheart
    • lexikaye
    • MermaidBarbie