Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

How do I get my eye shadow to stop creasing?

I have been stuggling with super greasy eye lids and noticing my mascara and eye shadow make this horrible crease? any help would be great.

I agree UD primer potion..I prefer Eden, its like MAC Sof...

I agree UD primer potion..I prefer Eden, its like MAC Soft Ochre paint pot but applies way more smoother without tugging. (I wouldn't use Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance, it creased for me)..But after applying primer, spreading evenly with light finger touches, apply your base eyeshadow color, like beige or skin tone matching to set your eyes think of it as prepping your canvas. This was the big step i was missing before i learned better makeup techniques, life changing.

Re: How do I get my eye shadow to stop creasing?

I recommend a primer such as UD primer or TooFaced Shadow assurance. Then you need to set the primer. Take a small flat brush and press a translucient powder into the primer. For oily lids I suggest Too Faced Primed & Poreless loose powder. If you set your primer in place with this powder, it should keep the oiliness at bay and your eyeshadow will blend more easily and stay on better.

I would add this: gently blot throughout the day with oil absorbing wipes.  Target makes a cheap version that stands to the more expensive ones.

Hi @Ashaobrien

I definitely agree with everyone else that adding an eyeshadow primer to your routine is key! I have oily eye lids so if I don't wear one with my eyeshadow it will crease on me. Too Faced Shadow Insurance and NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base are great options on top of those already mentioned. Using a primer will also bring out the colors of the eyeshadow more. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

Just adding my .02, the NARS eye primer and the UD minor sin version of the primer potion are really the only ones that work for me, but they work really well. 

I used to have the same issue.  I tried urban decay primer potion as it was the only primer people talked about besides the too faced shadow insurance.  I tried both of these and with greasy eyelids they did not work really at alI.  I started using the Mac 24 hour extended eye base, as suggested by Lustrelux on youtube and this made the world of a difference for me.  I also received a deluxe sample of the smashbox 24 hour photo finish shadow primer and this is very good as well. The ingredients, formula and consistency are very similar to the Mac one but I prefer the Mac one slightly over the smashbox still.  If you can get a sample of either I would highly recommend trying either of these out.  They are both around the same price of 25-26$ CAD.

I have oily eyelids too. Eyeshadow primer is a must. I have samples of both Smashbox and Urban Decay that I'm using now...both seem to work relatively well, as long as my eyelids are 100% clean. There's a fine balance between too much and not enough, so if you aren't using a primer now, you may need a bit of practice in finding your balance. Once the primer is applied, do not touch it again...go ahead with your shadow immediately. I always use a brush...I'm not sure how sticks or shadows you apply with your fingers might move the primer around, so I avoid them.

Make sure you don't get eye cream/face moisturizer anywhere on your eyelid before applying makeup. If you do, take it back off with a quick swipe of toner (and if it's been more than 30 minutes since I washed I face, I use toner right before applying any eye makeup anyways lol).

Every now and again I still have a bad eyeshadow day, but 97% of the time, it stays in place like it should. 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing