Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

How do I do a cut crease?

Hey everyone! I've watched tons of videos but I just can't figure it out, especially with my eye shape. Any advice? 

Re: How do I do a cut crease?

You can use half an eyebrow stencil as well- or make your own stencil from thin plastic or construction paper and flip it over to use on the other eye to get perfectly matching creases. 

What kind of eye shape do you have?

I know many just put colour into the crease nowadays messily and then clean up with a concealer instead to make ensure that crease is cut lol. And then the concealer part on your lid you can put whatever shadow colour if that makes any sense!

@Heather1218 I am not great at this, either... 😞

Did you see the video by Juliana Leme, where she uses a Coke bottle top to do a cut crease?   I can't repost the video here  (I added a screenshot of her), but just Google it and you'll find it.  I may actually try this!

IMG_0138.PNG

Interesting.  I wonder if it works so well cause she has pretty round eyes.  I want to experiment with this method. 

Part of the beauty of crease shadow (be it regular/blended or cut crease) is that you can shape your eyes a bit based on what shape you make your crease shadow. A rounded crease centered more or less over where your iris is when looking straight forward is going to open up your eyes and make them appear a bit more rounded. Go easy on the above-crease amount of product on the outer 'wing' to maintain the opening effect. (Alternately, for a more elongated, bedroom eye, make the cut more of a gently curved line and blend out a bit heavier toward the wing.)   This Coke bottle top might be a hair too rounded, but def. worth a shot. You might need to tweak the outer part of the line a bit to suit your eye shape and preference, but it could be a good baseline to start with. I'd say cheat it a tiny bit higher than your natural crease if your eyes are deep set or hooded -- or if it's a new technique, so you have room to correct it if the curve isn't working for you. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_0138.PNG
testing