infinitise

How are high end and lower end's eye makeup removers differ?

I have never used an eye makeup remover but my eyes have been becoming very sensitive lately and doesn't like the cleansing waters and oils I've been using. 

I'm still going to continue using the Koh Gendo cleansing waters and DHC cleansing oils.. so I don't want to be buying an expensive eye makeup remover IF i don't have to.. 

How are Lancome, Bobbi brown, Makeup Forever, etc's eye makeup removes differ from drugstore brands? 

kas045

Re: How are high end and lower end's eye makeup removers differ?

(0) Hearts

Have you ever seen Bioderma in stores near you?   This is a product I absolutely love.. It is great for sensitive skin.  

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I Love Lancome Bi-facil, it will get rid of waterproof eye makeup. However, there are some times my lids feel a little irritated after using it (usually during winter, when I sometimes get a dry, sensitive patch on my eye lid), so then I just take a little Philosophy Purity Made Simple on a very soft wash cloth an gently go around the eye area and then rinse well. Maybe this would work for you.

You could try Lancome Effacil, which is more gentle. I only used it a few times a long time ago, and don't remember loving it - but I was looking for something to remove waterproof mascara. You might also want to try Purity Made Simple Cleanser, it is safe for the eye area, you might like that.

Good luck, hope you find something that doesn't bother your eyes. :smileyhappy:

KellyJ1028

(0) Hearts

I have very sensitive eyes & I'm also on restasis twice a day the only drug store eye makeup remover I've ever used & swear by is Target brand . It doesn't sting or make my eyes water & it removes it all in 1 Swipe with a cotton ball. It's very economical around 4.97 for a large bottle.  Def worth a try :smileyhappy:

Mary092

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello! Like you, my eyes are very sensitive to many cleansing oils, but I found the Body Shop's Camomile Eye Makeup Remover to work perfectly! It was created to work well for those with sensitive eyes and skin. Makeup comes off very easily without irritating my skin, while leaving it feeling almost baby soft. They also came out with a waterproof makeup remover, which works 10x better with my stubborn Smudge Pot gel liner. They are also reasonably priced :smileyhappy: Hopefully it works well for you like it did for me!

Heatoyos1

I use Clinique and Neutrogena makeup remover interchangeably. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

So Lancome dupe and Clinique that has no dupe

I think I'm going to be doing the same and wait for my foundation to run out so I can get lancome one for GWP 

notcreative

I have never tried a drugstore brand to remove eye makeup, but I have tried drugstore brands to remove face makeup.  I never use face wipes on my eyes though.  So far, I have not found a good drugstore wipe, but I bought a bunch of different brands recently and am searching.

I use BiFacial.  It is the best I have tried, and I get it for free (GWPs).  

laura819

Not to hijack this thread but I really love the Pond's wipes to remove makeup. I do still wash my face after. If you haven't tried those, you should! They might work for you.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Ponds wipes are in my stockpile.  Thanks for the tip.  I will use Ponds as soon as I finish the Ole Henriksen wipes (from my Ipsy bag) I am using now.

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

I love the Pond's. I also will use Neutrogena wipes. I never use them on my eyes and I always wash my face after.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I agree 

drug store brands are such big hit or miss that I never tend to buy any skin care products. 

plus return isn't easy to do if they don't work... so I'm still thinking :smileysad: 

Where do you usually buy Lancome GWPs? 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

I buy drugstore stuff and products that I haven't tried before (and don't know if I will like) from Target because they have a good return policy. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Unless something is broken, I never return anything.  Return policies do not matter to me at all.  I do shop at Target once a week and only returned one thing in all of those years.  Ironically, it was not even something I bought.  Someone gave me baby formula for my shower, and I breastfed.  I donated a lot of formula I received as gifts, but she insisted I exchange it.  I did.

notcreative

[ Edited ]

Anywhere and everywhere.  There is almost always one going on somewhere.  When there is not, I usually find a two to four piece offer directly though Lancome, which equates to 3-5, because you always get a deluxe sample too unless you are getting a 6-8 piece GWP.  If you Google gwpaddict, she will always lead you to when and where to buy Lancome and any brand for that matter.  I am on a no buy, so I have been avoiding her site and deleting emails before I read them from all of the department stores and makeup brands (I order directly from Lancome and other brands quite a bit too).

I never buy Lancome from Sephora or Ulta though, because they never have a huge GWP offer.  In the past year, I have done over 30.  The highest percentage came from Macy's, but I got at least one from every department store I can think of.  Saks (high shipping minimum so pick up in person if possible) and Neiman usually have the best GWPs, but they also have a higher buy in to get those awesome GWPs.  The one place I never buy a Lancome GWP is Bergdorf.  They have high buy ins, but the gifts are rarely better than the ones Macy's offers.  Of course, they did just send me a coupon for $25 off a $100 purchase though.  Man, they stink for that.  

For the low buy ins, I love BonTon (or any of their subsidiaries) and Lord and Taylor.  They do not have any stores in my state, so I do not pay sales tax.  Nordstrom is another one of my favorites, because they have no shipping minimum.  I have done about four from Dillard's, but I always pick those up in person.  They have no free shipping (almost ever).  Bloomigdales gives free shipping if you sign up for a rewards card.  Sometimes, the lower department stores will have step ups too, so you can actually get nine or more deluxe samples at once.

infinitise

Omgsh Thank you so much for doing this!! 

I really appreciate all the details <3 

I'm taking note of all this to consider before I buy anything from now on 

I stack up on stuff during the summer and winter break so if I can get GWP with all those purchases, that would be awesome 

plus I can put the rest I don't use in the traveling boxes :smileyhappy: 

Thank you again <3 

meagboho

Ugh Notcreative!!!!!!!! Im going to buy so much because of gwpaddict now!!

MK89

I haven't tried many different kinds but I do like the Sephora brand waterproof eye makeup remover. It doesn't sting my eyes and is pretty effective and not too expensive

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for your suggestion! :smileyhappy: 

I forgot about Sephora brands actually. I liked their cleansing water too and have used them to correct any mistakes while doing eye makeup! 

heartsmyface

I was getting super sensitive eyes for a while and it was because I was getting scratched by my rayon cotton balls.  I switched to little microfiber cloths ( the kind you use on sunglasses) and I'm not sensitive anymore. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestions 

I've actually been using an organic cotton rounds from target because I wasn't able to find anything like it

but I will look into microfiber cloths! where do you get them?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 75 replies
  • 84 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • emmaclaire
    • pinktorridora
    • kssweetheart
    • fran11
    • cutiecocolove