infinitise

How are high end and lower end's eye makeup removers differ?

I have never used an eye makeup remover but my eyes have been becoming very sensitive lately and doesn't like the cleansing waters and oils I've been using. 

I'm still going to continue using the Koh Gendo cleansing waters and DHC cleansing oils.. so I don't want to be buying an expensive eye makeup remover IF i don't have to.. 

How are Lancome, Bobbi brown, Makeup Forever, etc's eye makeup removes differ from drugstore brands? 

infinitise

Re: How are high end and lower end's eye makeup removers differ?

Oh wow 2 more people! 

Thank you two so much! it adds so much more assurances

fran11

[ Edited ]

Even better! What's the store/brand?

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I shop at Ralph's, which is part of the Kroger chain of stores.  In the beauty aisle of the grocery store, they carry this product right next to the Neutrogena one.

luckystar8686

Personally I don't notice a difference when it comes to makeup remover products when you compare name brand vs drugstore brands.  I say save your money when you can, right?!  I do like the Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover wipes because it takes off ANY eye makeup I've ever had, you can use front and back, and it takes off foundation too.  Afterwards I wash my face with a cleanser to get the rest off.  (Usually a little foundation)

infinitise

Thank you for your opinion :smileyhappy: 

Yes I could use some savings. I already have cleansing gel, cleansing oil, and a cleansing water... I just thought I might check if there was a critical amount of difference between the high end and lower end before I buy an eye makeup remover that I normally wouldn't need if its not allergies :smileyhappy: 

I used to carry neutrogena ones in my purse for touch ups! but I wasn't sure if their removers were supposed to work well :smileyhappy: 

beauty4ashes

I've used LANCÔME BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover for probably 20 years now(?)

It's the only eye make-up remover that I've never had a bad reaction.

I have meibomian gland dysfunction, ocular rosacea & punctal plugs...and still no problems.

Anytime I've tried other high/low end make-up removers no matter how it says tested for blahblah, great for sensitive.... I end up in my opthamologist's AND  dermatologist's office. I don't know why. Perhaps it's the percentage of specific ingredients. You can't ever get a straight answer from cosmestic companies because it's...TOP SECRET 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for your suggestions! 

and you pointed out an important point! 

my eyes used to not be this sensitive but I'm getting allergies in my eyes lately but the eye doctors are saying its not serious enough that I should take something for it. so I'm just trying to be as gentle as I could be :smileyhappy: 

emmaclaire

This is really helpful information for everyone in the community with sensitivities, so thank you for posting this!  Also glad to hear you've found your HG makeup remover - I am fortunate to not have a ton of sensitivities, but I do love Lancome's bi-facil.  I got the giant container of it during the last Lancome sale because it seems to go so darn fast for me.

beauty4ashes

I hope I didn't jinx myself! Yet even when ingredients are listed in the same order, it's not a 100% guareentee that it's the same product in generic packaging.

laura819

I agree with Laura - the Lancome is AMAZING! I also really love MUFE Sens'Eyes. These two remove makeup better than anything else I have tried - high end or drugstore. Personally I like the MUFE a little more, and plan to repurchase it when I am out of my others...trying to use up my stash currently :smileyhappy:

infinitise

Thank you so much for your suggestions ! :smileyhappy: 

I would think Lancome would do an exceptional job, but I didn't think makeup forever might as well! 

That's really informative :smileyhappy: 

I might buy the full size lancome and buy mufe travel size :smileyhappy:

laurabt

[ Edited ]

Hi infinitise,

My absolute favorite eye makeup remover is Lancôme BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, which is high-end and pricey.  However, after trying A LOT of other removers out there (both low & high-end), I still haven't found anything that works as well as the Lancome.  I wear Benefit They're Real mascara which is not the easiest to remove, and the Lancôme remover takes it off effortlessly with no rubbing or irritation. I also wear contacts, and it never irritates my eyes.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you Laura for your suggestion :smileyhappy: 

I never used an eye makeup remover so I know nothing about it, but its so important because eyes are a very sensitive area. 

It looks like Lancome has done a wonderful job on making one :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 75 replies
  • 84 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • emmaclaire
    • pinktorridora
    • kssweetheart
    • fran11