chupi

Highly pigmented matte eyeshadows

I just bought a Sugarpill palette (haven't received it yet). I was wondering what other lines are super pigmented? I have medium skin, so typical shadows in the pan don't transfer the same when applied. I was looking at the Sephora Color Anthology because I like the bright colors, but the reviews say they aren't very pigmented. Thanks in advance!

chupi

Re: Highly pigmented matte eyeshadows

(0) Hearts

Can anyone vouch for this from Coastal Scents? It's only $25 and look at those yellow and greens!pl-252_main.png

Katty2323

(0) Hearts

coastal scents is horrible... i can swatch what i have if you want. you have to pat matte shades onto a sticky base to show up, they blend like crap and yea.....

Urbie

(0) Hearts

A lot of the younger MUAs I've worked with use Coastal Scents before they can afford to get MUFE or MAC or what have you- the color has always seemed decent in terms of pigmentation, but there is a lot of fallout, and it does smudge fairly quickly, which is fine when there is someone there actively doing touch ups, but I've always had to wash my face right away when I got home because of panda eye.

mbliger

(0) Hearts

Mac!!!!!!!  All the way!!

nikki

(0) Hearts

The Too Faced Matte Palette is pigmented, but it's not very bright, if that's what you are looking for 

Cosmeticphile

(0) Hearts

I agree with all of the suggestions for Makeup Geek and Kat Von D Ladybird.  I also love Laura Mercier matte eyeshadows, they are so creamy and pigmented.

dollface131313

for me makeup forever has the highest pigmented shadows ive come across , they are $20 each but they are super worth it and they have lots of bright colors . their hot pink and bright purple are my fav

person11

Agree.  Next to Sugarpill, MUFE is the best.

thesupergirl

Urban decay, I loved their eyeshadow s but then I got the vice 2 palette omg the pigmentation is off the charts!

nikki

(0) Hearts

They are super pigmented, but they don't have that many mattes 

bfuller

(0) Hearts

Oooh, I know... I can hardly wait until their new electric colors Spring forth!

bfuller

Coastal Scents - super cheap... so cheap you'd think it cannot possibly be any good.  But most of their shadows are true to color and the pigments are beyond expectation.  Well known for their vividly bright, neon-like colors and massive palettes of 24+ shades... option: you can customize your own shadow palette if you'd prefer.  And they send samples with your order.

(If I don't get too busy tomorrow, I'll swatch the 5-6 singles I've got & post.)

Word of caution: their gel liner smudged and traveled under the eye horribly on me, and their brushes are just sub-par.

bfuller

Here are some swatches of Coastal Scents shadow pots:

CSSwatch1.jpgFrom left to right:

Laguna Green; Limelight; Bahama Mama; Watermelon; Capri Blue; Indigo; & Appletini on bottom

CSSwatch2.jpg

thesupergirl

Coastal scents are really good and have great pigmentation!

mpolansky

Have you checked out Makeup Geek? Super affordable with great pigmentation. Shipping is only $2.99 in the U.S. too which is awesome. I got 5 around early January and plan to get lots more.

I've heard amazing things about Inglot and Sleek as well.

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

What about Sleek Makeup?  I'm waiting for my order to arrive so haven't swatched them myself.  However, I have read a few positive reviews on their i-Divine Ultra Matte palettes in V1 Brights and V2 Darks.  Rumored to be highly pigmented.

mrsbaine

KVD's Ladybird us super pigmented and very blendable. The purple is lovely and so is the light pink color. I get compliments every time I wear it. The copper is very nice too. I bought several of them when Sephora told me they were going away. MUFE has nice mattes; just not in a palate. 

mdelrosario91

(0) Hearts

Try MAC Matte2 eyeshadows.  They don't have a lot, but I do have a few of the neutral ones: Blanc Type, Handwritten, and Typographic.  They're super pigmented and blend so nicely! 

I'm NC35, and I can lightly apply Handwritten (very dark brown) to my crease and blend it out and make it look like natural crease!

ChicDabbler

Have you tried KVD Ladybird? http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1467166

I don't think Stila is known for pigmentation altho they show up on me pretty well and that orange, ohhhh that orange.....

http://www.sephora.com/in-the-know-eye-shadow-palette-P374935?skuId=1440296

Other than that...I know UD is obviously good but the only matte they have is Naked Basics. That's all I've got. =/

chupi

I was looking at KVD's eyeshadows in Sephora last week. I was surprised they don't have a lot of bold colors, considering it's supposed to be "edgy". I guess her look is more about lips and eyeliner.

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

The bold colors seem to come in LE palettes. I generally like the KVD shadows and find Ladybird too warm, not as pigmented as usual, and generally a let-down. Naked Basics is a better (cooler) matte neutral palette for me and I'm still looking for a good bold matte palette. I haven't taken the Sugarpill yet, but I might.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 49 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • nikki
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire
    • jojobe
    • ChicDabbler
    • ladymeag