katief241981

Help needed.... cooper/burgundy eyeshadows

[ Edited ]

1.jpg2.jpg
3.jpgOK FELLOW EYESHADOW JUNKIES!

I've been seeing a lot of pictures of fall eyeshadow colors using copper and burgundy. I like shimmery colors and want to create a fun look. I already have quite a few palettes and none really have the colors I want.  I am looking at the Laura Mercier Terracotta baked eyeshadow. I also saw some good options with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. Any advice??? Any other great Fall eyeshadow looks y'all have seen lately???

katief241981

Re: Help needed.... cooper/burgundy eyeshadows

OK just found 2  swatches I liked, not even sure if these colors are currently sold. (Last 2 on the image)

Inglot Pearl 452 (i like 423 too; somewhere exactly in the middle would be perfect)

Mac Heritage Rouge

2.jpg

Teresaanne92

(0) Hearts

I'm loving MAC Heritage! :smileyvery-happy: 

katief241981

ok, liking mac cranberry.  I can't even describe the color I want.  I want like a deep brown/red/purple haha.  But not too much of any of those colors.  I'm going to look up some swatches on the cranberry.  Pigalle looks possibly a little too red for me.  Ugh, i don't know.

Teresaanne92

I have been looking for a deep color like that as well. but like...more red. but not enough to look completely red so it's got to be a little brown/purple too. haha I have not found it yet I actually bought MAC cranberry hoping it was it, and sadly it's a little too pinky/red when I put it on! Why is finding the perfect wine shade so difficult! lol:smileyhappy:

lilahtov

My favorite that I've seen has been Stila's new metallic foil eyeshadow. The formula is so innovative and the color payoff is pretty unbeatable. I forget the name of the shade, but it's a gorgeous wine very similar to the second pic you posted.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I should also mention I have Stila Pigalle and Twig shadows on order, which look promising. :smileyhappy:

vanillammm

oH! I have those, too. Pigalle is a really good cranberry color, and twig is much more brown.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Eeeek! Now I'm excited about the cranberry one!! :smileyhappy: 

I suspect Twig is like the Bobbi Brown Cognac 13 I swatched today, while it looked promising it swatched brown.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Wow - that looks super beautiful and perfect for winter/fall. :smileyhappy: Gorgeous! 

katief241981

My problem is I don't want something too purple.  I still have yet to find the perfect burgundy shade i have in my head

vanillammm

so are you looking for more of a deep brownish-red, rather than a deep purple-red?

Have you looked at Mac Cranberry?

cranberry.jpg

MysticalAngel

(0) Hearts

Love that color! I just got it two weeks ago after coveting it for several months. 

SydBristow

I feel the same way! I was just looking up "rust" - that had some possible leads. 

vanillammm

[ Edited ]

Estee Lauder pure colour eye shadow duo in Raisins! 

Love this burgandy color!

EL Raisin duo.jpg

I also really like Urban Decay's eyeshadow single in Last Call.

last call.jpg

SydBristow

Ooooooooo, Last Call! I looked up swatches, sweeet!! :smileyhappy: Thanks vanillammm!!

SydBristow

I am on the hunt for a good burgundy shadow too...today I swatched:

Bobbi Brown Cognac 13 (seemed to come out brown)

Bare Minerals READY The 15 Minutes duo (niiiicce!)

NARS Blade Runner (a burgundy paired with a striking dark green)

I think the Blade Runner one came out a bit more rusty which is fine. Really liked the Bare Minerals. Am hoping for a shimmer too. Then I saw NARS Surabaya when looking at the online duos - does anyone have any of these to swatch, or other wines/burgundys etc.? I do have Lorac Garnet but it's not quite what I have in mind on this particular quest. :smileyhappy:

THANKS!!

Kiki1517

Pretty sure I have a few shades similar to these from Inglot. 

lmi82

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Those eyeshadow colors are so pretty! :smileyhappy:

I have a few suggestions (in no particular order):

• Make Up Forever Diamond Shadow in Diamond burgundy 311 - burnish mauve with copper shimmer.
  • Laura Mercier Baked Eye Color in Terracotta (vibrant warm copper) and Aubergine.
  • Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Comex Copper (brownish copper sheen) and Metallic Merlot (deep red wine sheen) .
  • Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Plum 17 - burgundy plum with shimmer
katief241981

(0) Hearts

oooh, i really like that MUFE Diamond Burgundy! Might have to try.

I am digging all the different swatches I have seen of the Laura Mercier Terracotta.  Its in my basket right now.  

I checked out the Stila ones. I've heard mixed reviews on the foil finish.  Have you tried? Do you like?

I'm scared of cream shadow for some reason!

lmi82

(0) Hearts

The MUFE Diamond Burgundy is my favorite of the bunch. I'm glad you like it!

I haven't tried the Stila foil eye shadows, but they look really cool (esp the picture on the Sephora Stila page). I have heard mixed reviews as well, so that is something to think about. On the Sephora YouTube channel there's a video about the eyeshadows. The title is: Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow by Stila.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • lmi82
    • MysticalAngel
    • starletta8
    • Kiki1517
    • vanillammm