lyndsey

Help Me Decide!

I'm debating between getting the UD Naked 3 palette or the Nars Narsissist palette. What are your thoughts on the two? 

http://www.sephora.com/the-narsissist-eyeshadow-palette-P384865?skuId=1577519

http://www.sephora.com/naked3-P384099?skuId=1573336

kellsmuneoka

Re: Help Me Decide!

(0) Hearts

Naked 3 didn't match my coloring, but it was really beautiful. I was so disappointed by the NARS palette to be honest. I though it didn't have enough pigmentation and compared to the singles and duos it was terrible. RETURNED :smileysad:

snowshoe

[ Edited ]

If it were me, neither.  I had Naked 3 and found it uninspiring.  I heard NARSissist was woefully underpigmented.  IMO, go buy the Laura Mercier Artist's palette--you'll find it's money well spent.

But you held a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd go with NARSissist.  I could build up color, but I can't change blah.

vmeiners

(0) Hearts

Naked 3!!  I love this pallette it is the best 

garnett

(0) Hearts

I have no experience I the the Nars palette but I can tell you that the Naked 3 is beautiful.   I have light skin and I don't think the tones read Red at all.  The quality is great.   I reach for it often. 

Manda

(0) Hearts

It has been a hit and miss with Nars. Some love, others do not. Naked 3 is gorgeous though. I personally don't like the other Nakeds however, I love 3!

DitzCore

The NARS palette is VERY similar in terms of shades to the UD Naked 2, but the colours are less pigmented. Don't waste your money with the NARSissist palette, it's a big fat disappointment.

lyndsey

(0) Hearts

This is really good info, thanks! I have Naked 2 already. I love Nars regular shadows, but if I have to use a ton with this one it's not worth it. 

ivyxox

Definitely UD Naked 3 in terms of quality. As much as I love Nars, the quality of Narsissist palette is way worse than the single/duos, the color is not pigmented at all. It also depends on what color do you prefer, the colors in the two palette are very different. Check out the original Naked palette, it is my all time favourite.

lyndsey

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I have Naked 2 already- Naked 1 did not work for me at all. 

I just know that I love Nars shadows but if they're not like the singles, it's not worth it. Which stinks. 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I know! Also, Naked 3 is a permanent item, which means you can wait till chic week and get it then!

kiml50

(0) Hearts

I agree, I would go with the UD just because based on the reviews for the nars palette, the UD is better in quality(although that hasn't stopped me from lusting after the nars palette haha). Personally my favorite eyeshadow palette was the Naked 2 but it all depends on your color preference :smileyhappy:

lyndsey

(0) Hearts

See, that's how I feel, too! I just love Nars stuff and the packaging is glorious. 

kiml50

(0) Hearts

Oh my goodness i know, it's just so sleek and good looking.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I actually compared the same color from Nars singles and the palettes side by side, the singles are way way better. It could be a great introduction for those who have never tried Nars eyeshadows, but I guess I will skip this one.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • Manda
    • lyndsey
    • ivyxox
    • kiml50
    • garnett
    • snowshoe