Has anyone got any subtle looks out of the electric palette?

So I recently purchased Urban Decays Electric palette. The colors are so gorgeous and oh so pigmented! I've been playing a lot with it and end up looking pretty comical at times with some of the rainbow looks I've come up with.  I can't seem to accept wearing less than four shades at a time! Lol! Has anyone got any pictures of multiple color looks that aren't too over the top? Or do I have to accept using two or three shades? 

Re: Has anyone got any subtle looks out of the electric palette?

I was swatching them out in store and found that if I applied a layer of translucent powder on top of the color, it muted it down a bit to something that is more wearable and less clown-like. I think this could make the palette work in more situations than otherwise.

[ Edited ]

To have wear color but have them be less bold and less jarring, use a larger blender brush that has longer bristles, this allows the brush to be softer in terms of application, providing a more light-handed sweep of color and giving some transparency to the brilliant shades. :smileyhappy:

You can layer and have shades appear more "water color"-like with this technique as well.

image.jpg

Oh what a great tip! I just tried that out! Wooooohooooo! 

As usual, great advice! I just got this palette, and I haven't used it yet. But I will use your tips.

You're too kind! I hope you have fun playing with application! Prettyinpa's comment about translucent powder is spot on as well!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
Photos3
  • bluespinks.jpg
  • blues.jpg
  • pinks.jpg