lillyjumper

Great Mascaras?

Hello Beauty Lovers!! I have run out of my current mascara. Although I liked it, it wasn't the best and it didn't do all of what i wanted it to... Which was sad given it was around $23 dollars... I love a formula that gives good length and some volume and black color to my lashes. Each lash is not that black, and although I have a lot of lashes that have some length, they are not super thick, so I need some volume, but I love adding a lot of length as well!

Sorry if that was confusing, but any suggestions would be awesome!!!!!!

xoxo,

Amanda (lillyjumper)

hannahcee8

Re: Great Mascaras?

(0) Hearts

Benefit's They're Real seems to fit your description!  I love it, it's amazing!  Definitely worth trying out x

ro22

(0) Hearts

I love UD Super Curl mascara, although it is not waterproof but it never flakes or smudge on me.

http://www.sephora.com/supercurl-curling-mascara-P280411?skuId=1306299

Lancôme DÉFINICILS High Definition Mascara-Show is another great choice, however it smudge on me.

http://www.sephora.com/definicils-high-definition-mascara-show-P380812?skuId=1532894

porcelain34

I mix together two different mascaras, some times 3.  Benefit's BADgal Lash and They're Real.  When I want really amazing lashes I add in Diorshow Overcurl or Tarte
Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

If you don't already, try layering mascaras. Start with a lengthening, defining, or curling formula and then add a volumizing one.  Right now I am using combinations of: Buxom Lash, Too Faced Better Than S*x, and Diorshow Overcurl.

HoneyBHooligan

My favorite is Cover girl Lash Blast Volume. I haven't really heard of any people in the beauty community liking it, but I can't think why they wouldn't! I love it! I find it gives a really beautiful long, non-clumpy lashes that still look "natural". It's also really easy to take off at night, unlike Benefit's "They're Real!" mascara, which burned my eyes.

amb7

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love YSL's Volume Effect Faux Cils http://www.sephora.com/mascara-volume-effet-faux-cils-luxurious-mascara-P218400?skuId=1120708

I've got short, sparse lashes with no curl. This gives them length and curl without clumping or the spider lash effect. However, which mascara you would prefer might depend on your lash length and volume. The worst mascara I've tried was Bare Minerals Lash Domination. It made my lashes very clumpy. The first poster below me did like Bare Minerals, so that might have to do with different lash types.

brittieeee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Benefit's They're Real is reportedly Sephora's bestselling mascara and has a lot of fans and you can get a mini version to try - http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=BENEFIT%20COSMETICS%20They%27re%20Real!%20M...

What are you looking for in particular? Lengthening, volumizing, curling??

I have trouble with curling,and I recently had success with 2 new mascaras; Bare Minerals Lash Domination and Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara.

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

Honestly, one of the best mascaras I've ever used is Maybelline Great Lash. I've tried them all but keep going back to that one. The one drawback is that it irritates the [bleep] out of my eyes!

Revlon Lash Potion and L'oréal Voluminous Power Volume 24H are both great.

Sephora's Full Action Extreme Effect is another favorite, but like The Ramen Lover I've learned not to waste $$$ on something that's just going to dry out in 3 months and need to be thrown away.

lylysa

Try looking into the newest from Tarte: Lights, Camera, Flashes. It's an amped up version of their original Lights, Camera, Lashes formula and rather than a traditional spoolie brush, it utilizes a rubber brush with plastic barbs and teeth to build volume and length without overload lashes on initial application. It's also real easy to build with this mascara as the plastic teeth making combing through lashes a breeze and prevents clumps:

swfupload_4983144491263924961.jpg

If you notice, the brush has various bristle length and placement. The purple side has wider spaced teeth and longer bristles, building volume and drama while the finer black side has teeth closer together, making it easy to add more product to tips to build length and touch up on the inner and outer corners.

Dior has their DiorShow Iconic Curl mascara with a specialized curved brush meant to give lift, curl, and volume to lashes while building drama for a fuller lash look:

swfupload_5483742402420317265.jpg

For something a touch more traditional, Smashbox's Full Exposure mascara focuses on the two things you want, volume and length.

swfupload_8434295131182838360.jpg

The formula has a fiber-like base, allowing lashes to have added length without added bulk while the conical shaped traditional spoolie brush allows you to work the tool from different angles, touching up on inner and outer corners as well as bottom lashes quite easily.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I will have to look into all of these!!! i love the shape of all these wands, so unique but all have an awesome purpose! thanks for suggestions!

invisiblebike

(0) Hearts

Can I ask you what mascara you were using?

I gotta say my absolute fave mascara is Diorshow Waterproof! It's very pigmented and delivers quite a bit of length and volume without clumping. I usually just use one coat, and it gives me a dramatic but still somewhat natural look.

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Its $22 and it was from stila, i think it was the forever curl..i so wanted to like it!

theramenlover

For mascaras, I definitely lean more towards drugstore since I throw mine out every 3-4 months. In terms of drugstore, my favorites of either Covergirl's Lashblast, Maybelline's the Falsies or my current favorite, Revlon Lash Potion Waterproof.

If you really like brands that Sephora carries though, I'd recommend Benefit's They're Real or MUFE's Smoky Lash! I really liked Smoky Lash but it's a bit wet for my liking and it dries out quite fast.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • pinktorridora
    • lylysa
    • invisiblebike
    • lillyjumper
    • porcelain34