ns98

Good primers for oily lids

I used the urban decay primer potions before but those creased after bout 3 hours. I heard that the eyelid primer by tarte is good, but it is always out of stock when I shop online. Any suggestions?

mychoi

Re: Good primers for oily lids

(0) Hearts

I love too faced shadow insurance. It's reliable and I love it! I pat it on my upper lid and under the eyes where eyeliner would go and it keeps it in place all day :smileyhappy:

sp2001

(0) Hearts

paint pots are amazing, it's all I use now, but if I had to choose between the Primer  Potion type of products I'd have to say the Milani eyeshadow primer, cheap and works well

mrsessie

(0) Hearts

Behind the Scenes by LORAC best Primer ever… I have tried shadow insurance and UD Primer Potion with "ok" results…But LORAC is great.

I have oily skin..including lids.

knadala

(0) Hearts

Too Faced Shadow insurance and I always put cream shadow as my base before I apply any powder shadows. This combo helps my eye makeup last from the usual 4-5 hours to 8-10 hours (depending on how vigorous my daily activities are).

evno

(0) Hearts

The Nyx HD Eye Shadow Base is a great dupe for the Nars primer in quality. It's very long-wearing! You can get it at Ulta and certain drugstores. I've always come back to this primer because it's so reliable. 

upload_618231567453555623.jpeg

jenpred

(0) Hearts

Oooh I swear by either the NARS primer or the Bare Minerals Prime Time Original. Both are amazing! I have oily lids, and neither of them crease on me, AND the color of my shadows literally don't budge, while the rest of my face makeup wears off haha. You can't go wrong with either one :smileyhappy:.

orkira

(0) Hearts

Nars.  I actually prefer Nars eyeshadow base over UD.  :smileyhappy:

carolang

UD lasts about the same on me, don't bother with Lorac's or the Balm's (terrible!), I love bareMinerals brightening pearl primer, but I did get the holiday bag promo mentioned below so I am excited to try out NARS primthi when I get it!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

i have oily, hooded lids and have tried many eye primers, including mac paint pots, several by tarte, UD primer potion, too faced shadow insurance, bareminerals and NARS.  Out of all of them, i like the NARS smudgeproof base the best.  And right now, if you use the BLITZ promo code online, you can get a NARS smudgeproof base in one of the 4 free goody bags that are available.  You have to make at $25 minmum purchase to use the promo

lb1414

I don't have oily lids but I do have major creasing issues and I have found the MAC paint pots to work best for me. I use soft ochre on a daily basis because it's pretty similar to my skin tone. It is actually one of the only makeup products that I use every single time I do my makeup. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • lb1414
    • jenpred
    • mrsessie
    • DesertRose0706
    • carolang
    • knadala