infinitise

Good eyeliner brushes

(0) Hearts

I have both Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. haven't tried any others 

I use Bobbi brown's gel liner because it looks a bit more defined than pencils but not has harsh and obvious on me like the liquid 

I like BB brush (it takes forever though..) and hate LM brush. its just ridiculously long and soft that I have little to no control especially as I get to the outer part of my eyes :smileysad: its also too wide for my eyes.. 

I've been looking at Chanel #14 contour eye brush and Dior eyeliner brush.. does anyone have recommendations? 

aviscardi

Re: Good eyeliner brushes

(0) Hearts

Louise Young, LY 24/ 24A  & Sigma E 11, (E10 is a great option too)

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the suggestion :smileyhappy: 

I've heard great things about the LY brushes! but for not being sold at Sephora, I actually hadn't had a chance to try one! 

roseps135

(0) Hearts

The MAC thin eyeliner brush is awesome!  It is great for very precise application.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much roseps:smileyhappy: MACbrushes as always seems to be very popular :smileyhappy: 

I purchased the 209 instead of the 263 I think in January to use for my brow shadows :smileysad: but now I wish I bought the other one..

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Vvib,

My favorite liner brush is an angled synthetic brush. It applies it smoothly and you can easily do a winged cat eye.

Hourglass Angled Liner Brush

http://www.sephora.com/angled-liner-brush-P375375?skuId=1445915

<3 Melissa
infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you Melissa for the suggestion :smileyhappy: 

I love hourglass brand in general but never thought about looking at their brushes :smileyhappy: 

teatulip

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I like a very precise, somewhat light, and clean lower lash line.  I also like to wear a little wing every once in a while.  So, the challenge was finding a brush with just the right bristle length, firmness, and one that would give me lots of control.  My HG eyeliner brush is Make Up For Ever's 250 Extra Fine Eyeliner Brush.  It has the perfect bristles that allow me to be very precise with how thin or thick I want to draw my liner.  I can easily build the thickness of the liner or stay with a very thin, clean line.  The bristles are firm enough to allow control, but glide across my eyelids and lower lash line very smoothly.  This brush is easy to clean and the bristles remain nicely intact. My brush has been washed a lot without showing any signs of wear.  If you like clean, precise lines and use a cream of gel eyeliner, I highly recommend trying this brush.  Here's the link:  http://www.sephora.com/250-extra-fine-eyeliner-brush-P382443?skuId=1536572 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Awesome Thank you so much for the suggestion!

I actually do both a precise, clean tightline and thicker, a bit smoother eyeline and this would work very well for the former kind :smileyhappy: 

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I actually recommend the Sephora eye liner, I know your looking at the "name brand" eye liners, but they are just as good and they have a lot of colors, are highly pigmented, and are waterproof 12 hour wear. They go on like silk. I also , personally love the KVD Autograph eye liner pencil, it is super smooth ,and there are not many colors but the colors they have are also highly pigmented.

I like a lot of different eye pencils,but I just thought I would throw my top 2 fave's out as recommendations. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the recommendations :smileyhappy: 

I was actually at the edge of purchasing a Sephora liquid eyeliner after reading the surprisingly high reviews!

I'm very particular about my eyeliners because they smudge so easily .. so I always thought to look at the higher end items 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I like the real techniques' fine liner brush. It's not my absolute favorite because it splays a bit. When I use it with gel liner, I have to shape it on the back of my hand so I can get a finer and cleaner line. If you're looking for, or want to try, an angled brush, I recommend MAC's 263 brush. It has synthetic bristles so it won't dry up and get crusty. You can get a super fine and sharp liner with this brush. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestions :smileyhappy: 

Mac 263 seems to be very popular! I should've purchased that one instead of the 209 :smileysad: but I will difinitely go instore and take a look 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I have the BB gel liner too and like the MAC angle brush. I prefer the 263 for gel liners and 266 (it's a bit bigger) for powders.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestions :smileyhappy: 

I should've listened to the SA and bought the 263 instead of 209 from the beginning.. it would have worked both as a brow and eyeliner... 

callmefafi

(0) Hearts

Sigma brushes are pretty good...very expensive but good nonetheless! upload_1991135420686106873.jpg

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestion :smileyhappy:

knadala

(0) Hearts

Real techniquesimgres.jpg

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

The most expensive tool I have is the Beauty Blender. Most of my brushes are Real Techniques or EcoTools. I bought 2 sets of EcoTools and they both came with an angled eyeliner brush that applies beautifully! I've used both with creams, pencils, powders and gels and it all works.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the suggestions! 

I always pass by them whenever I go to target to buy dr.bronner's soap but never thought about trying them!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • melissabt
    • roseps135
    • veronika23
    • knadala