beautylovingirl

GREEN EYE SHAWDOW

[ Edited ]

I'm sure I'm the only one who hasn't fully branched out into green eye shawdows but there just aren't that many that I can wear comfortably but the more I look at these shades of green the more I like them:

lolo01

Re: GREEN EYE SHAWDOW

(0) Hearts

sorry i tried to crop it but i couldnt lol... :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

@lolo01- It's hard for me to focus on just those three when all that other makeup is in the picture.:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@Manda- No I don't think any one has I'll have to check that out too. Thanks!

Manda

(0) Hearts

I saw it in one of the magazines: Elle I believe.  Plus, I have it at home.

Manda

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but UD Kush is such a lovely green. :smileyvery-happy: One of my favorites!

lolo01

Have you tried the Sephora Collection Picnic in the Park, I did it for my swatch for a free eyeshadow and I loved it!!!swatch.jpg

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

Yeah I know that olives pair well with golds and neutrals but there's only a certain amount of shimmer I'm willing to wear.

lylysa

Olives pair sooooo well with golds and neutrals! If you do a gold on your lid then a warm brown on the outer corner or third of the eye, take a small detail brush or even your finger and pat some olive right where the gold and brown meet, layering it gives it almost a subtle shift effect where you don't get a loud pop or wash of green, but a very coy, hidden glimpse of green when you have your eyes lowered or if you're being viewed from the side.

I love taking brighter greens with a fluffy brush and laying them right in the center of the lid at the round of the eye over colors like champagne or vanilla. The fluffy brush gives a soft touch of color!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I have a hard time pulling of green's. Although I'm not a huge fan of bareMinerals, I did get one of their duo eyeshadow in scenic route when they first came out. It was a complete impulse purchase due to the comercial, even though my skin tone, hair & eye color are completely different than the model's. At first I didn't know how to use "Brilliant Sage" properly, but for me it works well with a lot of the Naked2 shades. http://www.sephora.com/bareminerals-ready-eyeshadow-2-0-P297711?skuId=1363464 

beautylovingirl

It's a little too sparkly for me. I like shimmer but not that much.

beautylovingirl

This looks more gold than green.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

maybe put that color over the green or layer it with whatever color you use for your crease, I think thatd look nice :smileyhappy:

MintShake

Green eyeshadow in my opinion flatters every eye color and skintone, however I think that "green" would be an olive colour. swfupload_8641960317196470936.jpg

poemelyric

When I want a bit of green, I go to UD's Green Goddess...  It's a beautiful lighter green with shimmer, the green version of their classic Goddess.  I don't know what name it goes by now since the merged their older colors with newer names but I think Mildew is a good choice as mentioned.

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Urban decay graffiti image.jpg

WhereYouStand

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It's Not easy Being Green! - Kermit the frog :smileytongue:

I would start with muted or neutral greens and muted golds and then ease into a smoky green look don't go too vibrant with green at least until you are truly comfortable with it :smileyhappy:

here are my suggestions

What I own and can honestly say I like:

my number one suggestion is Clinique Whopping Willow Eyeshadow chubby stick eye tint it's brand spanking new (I like to pair this with a muted latte such as lots o latte by clinique and new also from the same line or  you could try a muted gold color & add a line of urban decay  stash (my fave green muted goldish eyeliner to make it pop) I actually wore this today. now i have hazel eyes brown hair with gold & blonde highligts and hazel eyes, & really pale skin and it did wonders for my eyes which shift from gray to green to blue depending on what i wear to play up or contrast them with. give it a try :smileyhappy:

Clinique whopping willow is a golden sage green

s1440544-main-hero.jpg

Urban Deacy stash  is a dark golden greens1051325-main-zoom.jpgs1051325+sw.jpg

clinique lots o latte is a taupe brown

s1440510-main-hero.jpg

you could also try a soft taupe eyeliner and brown mascara to make things softer instead of harsher and take a more natural look too :smileyhappy: hope this makes helps

onomotopoeia9

Try Urban Decay's 'Mildew".

Its a beautiful shade of green that is wearable. I put it over my lids and then lightly add some 'Cobra' on the outer corners.swfupload_4992269182060620385.jpgswfupload_3616607925324404311.jpg

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

@trciaan12- Oh I know the bin too well there's a small fortune in there that's why I keep it out of sight so it doesn't  remind me how much is actually in there. Hopefully it will work and no better place to wear than a summer music festival.:smileyhappy: It looks summery too.

beautylovingirl

@triciaan12- Well now remember not to pass up a color because it may look good when you get it on. Maybe swatch them first.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

----

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave