MadisonComplex

GOING MATTE?

I've ALWAYS been a shimmer girl. But as I get older I'm turning more towards mattes, the problem is, I do not have a good palette at all for them. I've heard stuff about the UD Basics, but the mattes that come in the Naked 1 palette look a little..I don't know, orange-ish? Or atleast on my fair skin they do. Here are two matte looks I LOVE, any suggestions on what palettes can help me create them?48fa3112f7849549fb88e216cb6fa74a.jpg9ee84c852257b86e9cf6830b1b5338de.jpg

jennypenny1995

Re: GOING MATTE?

(0) Hearts

You can ease into matte with Benefit's World Famous Neutrals palette in Everyday.  It has a mix of matte and satin finishes that are fantastic.  Just be aware that you can lose pigment quality with matte shades in most circumstances.  A satin finish is beautiful when paired with a matte like in that palette!

MadisonComplex

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I definitely have my eye on the Meet Matte Nude now!!

aviscardi

For all matte palettes I like to use UD Naked basics, The Balm meet matte and meet matte nudes...

The lorac palette does have a lot of mattes but it leans warmer so not sure if that what you were looking for. 

I am trying to get my hands on the sonia kashuk eyes on neutral palette too but am not near a store. 

incinci

swfupload_728959357280420558.jpgI agree with kissXmakeup about the Meet Matte Nude palette, it has gorgeous matte shades and the one that is on Hautelook right now is half price--and there are 9 shades, equaling about .80 of an ounce, which is A LOT of shadow!!  The Hautelook sale ends tomorrow (tuesday) at 11AM EST.  It does include a white shade, a couple of browns a pinky/peach and a couple of taupes, plus others.  It's half price at $21 (a really good deal, imo).

aviscardi

i bought this one and told myself i can't use it yet til i finish up the original one. Or at least hit pan on a few haha

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

The Meet Matte palette from thebalm sounds like it would be ideal for you. Its on hautelook right now & I have been eyeing it too! 

beautylovingirl

I love the Lorac Pro palette. I've been eyeing it for a little while now that I've started using more Lorac  Shawdows.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

for that specific look at the top, maybe the LORAC mint edition palette (the all over color looks like matte mint blue green they have in that palette)

roxystar4

have you tried Lorac Pro palette?

MadisonComplex

I sure haven't! I have their Ooh La Lace palette, but that only includes two matters that were so-so.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i was debating between lorac Pro and Naked 1 and so I went and swatched every color they both have. The Lorac pro had a creamier consistency to me and I liked the mattes better. But that is just me.

MadisonComplex

Yeah I have the Naked 1, but as said, the mattes just look a little off on my skin. Buck especially does little to flatter me. I was looking more for a stark white, a few wide-ranged shades of browns, and maybe a black.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

lorac pro is really nice. this isnt my image (it is from pretty gossip dot com) but it shows the colors swatched

images.jpeg

and this second image is from takeflightbeauty

images-1.jpeg

MadisonComplex

Great colors, I love that white! I've been searching for a really pure white for a white. Thanks!

mommyto4

I would totally recommend getting the Pro palette too.  I love mine.  I have found though if you want the white eyeshadow to show up you'll need a white eyeshadow pencil.  Sephora has one for around 11.00.  When I use that underneath as a base it really makes the white pop. I think a couple of the eye shadows are  powdery, white included.  But a great palette overall. 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

there is a little bit of fall out but if you blow off the excess on the brush you should be good to go. I have found some of UD's shadows to do the same thing

MintShake

I love those looks. I personally think mattes are great because shimmer cna be too overpowering 

MadisonComplex

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I agree! Plus in flash photography it just does NOT stay true to it's actual look in my opinion. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • mommyto4
    • MintShake