Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Favourite Naked Palette

I've been looking at Urban Decay's Naked palettes, including the original, Naked 2, and Naked 3. Just wondering what you guys have thought of the pallets and which one you like best and/or recommend... I have dark brown eyes and light-medium skin tone if that makes a difference. 

Re: Favourite Naked Palette

Hi, just wanted to let you guys know I chose the Naked palette 2 because the very nice lady who was helping me at Sephora recommended it, and I even got it done while I was there! She said It was a good natural palette with a variety of colours with less darks than the original.The makeup also looks nice with my glasses (Which doesn't happen often) IMG_0358.jpg

@shanspirational great choice! I went in between the first and second for a loooong time before I ended up buying the first. It's very kind that she applied it on you too so you could see it in use! 😄 

XOXO,
Marieke

Thanks!

naked 1, the forever classic! I think it will suit your skintone as well 🙂

I love Naked 3. I had the crazy honor to go to the Oscars this year and I did my eye makeup (and I have a lot to choose from!) using Naked 3. That's how special I find it. Naked 1 is a beautiful palette as well. I've recently been pulling that out of my stash more and more. 

Chiming in....I own the Naked 1 and 2.  I made the original Naked my palette of the month a couple months back and nearly drove myself crazy using it each day.  

These palettes/this brand was good when I was new to makeup/eyeshadow, mostly because everyone was using/raving about them.  Now I realize there are FAR better options out there.  

If you absolutely have to have a palette I would grab one of the Viseart ones (the smaller theory palettes & petit pro feature both shimmer and matte shadows).  Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance if you want something that is more pink-themed.  Others mentioned the Lorac Pro, which is another promising option.

I own naked basics 1, naked 1, naked 2, and naked 3 and tend to use naked 3 everyday.  I have light complexion and dark brown eyes.  I love the rosegold theme of naked 3.  My friend loves naked 3 but uses naked 2 because she's a tan complexion and even though its pretty, naked3 colors don't really show up on her.

I have Naked 1, 2, and 3, and would probably recommend 2 over the others. I tend to reach for that one the most. If you're looking for to get just one palette though, as other have suggested, I think Lorac and Too Faced do them better. 

Anonymous Insider

I own the Naked 2, Naked Smokey, Naked Basics 1 and Naked Ultimate Basics. I rarely use the Naked 2 anymore, the Naked Smokey I use for when I want to wear dark eye makeup, the Naked Basics 1 for my everyday go-to makeup, and the Naked Ultimate Basics for special occasions, church, anytime I need to step up my look. I would like to purchase the Naked, Naked 3 and Naked Basics 2, but they are not really on the top of my list at this point in time. My eyes are also dark brown and my skin is light to light-medium. The Naked Basic 1 is warm-tone colors and the Naked Basic 2 is cool-tone colors. I can wear both because I have cool to cool neutral undertones. What is your undertone?? If you are warm, you can do Naked Basic 1. If you are cool, you can do Naked Basic 2. If you are neutral, you can do both. But it also has to do with personal preference and what you like.

Hi @shanspirational

I had all three palettes (gave away the Naked 3 last week to a friend—basically brand new) for a year+ and I've hardly touched them. I honestly don't recommend them simply because there are better options out there, like Too Faced Chocolate Bar (original) and Tartelette in Bloom.

If I had to choose, I'd pick the Naked 1 simply because of my light-medium warm skin tone. 

I do not recommend Naked 3 if you have warm or yellow undertones because most of the shades ended up looking like a bruise. The shades were way too purple and cool toned 😞

If you like rose gold and warm pink hues, I highly recommend Lorac Unzipped instead.

Anonymous Insider

I have the naked palettes I personally dont think they are that great but to each their own.I have pale / fair skin so The shades dont even show up that great on my skin tone.I like the urban decay brand though the makeup setting spray I love and have maybe 4 back ups in case I run out and it stays on 24 hrs Love it.The eyeshadow primer love that too .A lot of their products I love their eyeshadow I'am just not that crazy about.I have blue green eyes so maybe they work better for your skin tone and eye color than mine.

Hi @shanspirational

I have medium dark brown eyes and also a light medium skintone, and my favorite is the original! I also own the smoky because I couldn't resist the packaging, but I've found that I don't grab it as often. I am also a little bit of a wimp when it comes to darker colors so that could be why. 😄 The original was one of my very first purchases at sephora and I love it to this day. It gives me a nice range of netural colors both matte and shimmer. The pigmentation is great and you can create so many looks! 

XOXO,
Marieke

Thank you @MariekeBT!! I'm glad to have someone else's opinion. My birthday is coming up and if I get any Sephora girfcards, the Naked palette will probably be the first thing I get! Thanks again 🙂

@shanspirational you're very welcome! Are you by chance a May baby (and possible Gemini) too? 😄 

XOXO,
Marieke

Yes I am a gemini, and I am subscribed to her too lol

@shanspirational yay fellow gemini! 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

Hi, shanspirational!

The Urban Decay Naked collection has garnered plenty of love and discussion here in Beauty Talk so feedback on their variations is readily available!

For a quick break down of the Naked palettes 1-3 (and even the two smaller Naked Basics palettes), check out my response in the below, which also includes swatch images of all of them next to one another for an easier comparison:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Is-Urban-Decay-s-Naked3-Palette-too-pink/m-p/1824901/highlight/...

Feel free to also take advantage of the search capabilities on the front page of Beauty Talk to look up the brand and palettes for additional feedback and thoughts from users! 🙂

Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_0358.jpg
testing