shinybananas

Favorite gel liner?

I'm just getting into it because I'm getting liquid liner fatigue. Tell me your go-to's!

katief241981

Re: Favorite gel liner?

(0) Hearts

Well, it's not exactly gel and not exactly liquid but I like this

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Buxom Gel liner. It's a true gel liner, not clay, not cream (bobbi brown is cream, not gel), but a real gel liner. It's easy to pick up a small amount with your brush & it glides on so smoothly, no tugging or slipping. Stays on the waterline all day without smudging. 

I've tried other brands, but keep going back to buxom

kitamad

(0) Hearts

Ooooh, I'm going to have to look this up. I've been looking for more options for gel liners. I love MAC's, but they don't have a wide color range. Bobbi Brown is okay, but not great, IMO. I really liked Smashbox, but the one I had dried up in just a few months.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I'm really good about dipping my flat top or angled brush into the jar & then quickly closing it before I do my eyes. If I didn't use the Too Faced lash lining tool as much as I do, I would use it more often. It's seriously the perfect gel, a true gel, nice and thick, but not gloppy. 

Carmen241986

Maybelline Eye Studio !. Best product and dirt cheap too. 

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I'm loving black star lasting soft gel pencil by shu uemura. Skinny little twist up. This greenish-black and the purple are LE for Holiday but there are regular brown and black. I love how slim it is, easy and precise to use.  I'll likely get a regular black one too at some point.  I love the Marc Jacobs highliner formula, blacquer and jazzberry.  But next to this tiny Shu liner it's like a chubby stick. :smileyvery-happy:

Regesaurus

(0) Hearts

I have tried Smashbox Jet Set, then moved on to Bobbi brown, and now I have been using Lancome Calligraphy Gel Eyeliner. I can't remember exactly what I didn't like about the first two, I think Bobbi Brown's was harder to apply for me. But I use the Lancome eyeliner and a MAC 263 brush for a mean cat eye. I love the stuff.

kitamad

(0) Hearts

I loved the Smashbox when I first got it, but I found that it dried out within a matter of months. Did you experience this problem?

MakeupbyMarie

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Brown gel liner :smileyhappy:

Missie772

(0) Hearts

When I got my Rouge makeover in the summer, the girl put MUFE cream liner on and I have to say it was pretty amazing!!! It lasted longer than Bobbi Brown on my eyes!

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Really like Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner :smileyhappy:

shinybananas

(0) Hearts

Yeah, it seems to be a clear favorite!  Pretty colors, too.  I'm torn between Bobbi and NARS, I think.

nekoally

(0) Hearts

Not a big gel liner user since one little pot will literally last you forever, but nonetheless my favourites are:

CLINIQUE Brush-On Cream Liner - great colour pay-off and good price point, but very limited colour selection

TARTE EmphasEYES™ Waterproof Clay Shadow / Liner - dries out easily but works wonderful when you first open them

STILA Smudge Pots - takes a bit time to dry when you put it on, but once it sets it really sets

If I may suggest, you should also try eyeliner cakes. My favourites are  from Laura Mercier and Becca (now discontinued) The colour can be as intense as you like, and you don't have to worry about them drying out like gel liners.

shinybananas

(0) Hearts

I'm so bummed about the Tarte situation.  Just purchased one in the bronze color and it's lovely.  Unfortunately, I did the backwards thing and researched it AFTER purchase, haha.  Oh well, I shall enjoy it for as long as possible, then learn my lesson and move on.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

In no particular order:

-Smashbox Jet Set

-Studio Gear Invincible (not sold at Sephora)

-Bobbi Brown Gel Liner

-MAC Fluidline

-NARS Eye Paint

-Buxom Lash Liner

shinybananas

(0) Hearts

I have a Smashbox Jet Set liner in (I think it's called) Vixen.  Quite pretty, but I find it gives more of a smudgey effect than a clean line?  Is that just me?  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's not the look I'm thinking about at the moment.

I want to try the NARS, tho it's new, so it's nice to hear recommendations.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • lylysa
    • nekoally
    • veronika23
    • Regesaurus
    • Missie772