CaitlinBrunson

Favorite Matte Palette

Other than the Naked Basics, are there any palettes that have mostly matte or satin finishes?! 

stacv

Re: Favorite Matte Palette

(0) Hearts

In the Know by Stila is a nice variety of colors but make sure you swatch at the store- depending on your tone some colors may appear rather chalky.

CaitlinBrunson

These are all such great suggestions! I don't get why a satin palette is so difficult to find! 

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

image.jpgSugarpill Burning Heart Palette Is my personal favorite. 

As far as someone else's definition of normal matte palette goes, I dun have one.

spoiledbrat

thanks for the it tip ladies - flew to their website and snarfed up the palette along with the buffer brushes on sale for $15 each - their brushes are fab! :smileyhappy:  Ulta carries the brand, but the website is one stop shop

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I love the Meet Matt(e) palette from theBalm. The packaging is adorable and the size is perfect!

veronika23

Make your own either from MAC or Inglot?

SydBristow

I have Too Faced matte and Stila In the Know. Also, The Balm had a palette called Meet Matt(e) which is all mattes. :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Yes!  Benefit's World Famous Neutrals in "Easiest" is my fav palette ever.  Perfect mix of powder and cream formulas as well as matte and satin finishes.

DTalksAll

here are a few for mattes
http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/best-matte-eyeshadow-palette/m-p/606531

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/matte-eyeshadow/m-p/723607

I don't know of any all satin finish palettes. Usually satins are thrown into matte palettes or regular palettes.

CaitlinBrunson

Thanks! Yeah, Satin finish are HANDS DOWN my favorite finish. (They have the naturalness of matte without the chalkiness.) Yet most palettes are shimmer and frost. Don't get me wrong, I love me some glitter! I just think satin are pretty for everyday but it is such an unappreciated finish! 

poshified

[ Edited ]

The It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe palette looks like the only matte palette one ever needs. Plus, it has a "transforming" color you can layer on top of the mattes to give the shadows a pearly, satiny finish!

it

lyravega

Gorgeous colors, and all matte, too! I really wasn't in the market for yet another eye shadow palette ( bought sooo many last three months ), but this one is hard to skip. Is it limited edition? Should I be in a hurry to order it, or I can relax a bit? :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

It's not LE :smileyhappy:. I'm actually waiting for Ulta's spring/summer F&F to pick this one up.

lyravega

[ Edited ]

Ooooh, goodie!!! I can give my wallet a very well deserved break! :smileyvery-happy: Thanks, Posh!

How does Ulta's F&F work? Just and strictly for friends and family, or for everybody? Do they send out some codes or something?

poshified

Yours and mine both! LOL. Ulta is currently doing 20% off everything, but I only picked up the one thing I needed last week and was done.

If I remember correctly, it was for all Ulta members in April, and you get a card or email.

roxystar4

poshified, the only email I received from Ulta was the $5 off $10 purchase of non luxury brand items… :smileysad:  

poshified

Oh no! :smileysad: I'd definitely give Ulta a call, because it was exclusive for platinum members. I got the email back on the 11th if that helps, and it's good for one in-store purchase till the 24th (only exclusions being Naked 3, Lancome, Clinique, and Dermatologica.)

roxystar4

thanks! I'll contact them :smileyhappy:

vanillammm

[ Edited ]

I have this palette and the quality is lovely. Don't hesitate to add this one to your collection, BTers. I adore it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • lyravega
    • drrragon
    • jennypenny1995
    • poshified