melissa93

Favorite Drug Store and High End Mascara?

Hey guys!

Just wanted to know what was your favorite drug store and high end mascara. I'm kinda looking around to see if there is a good do-it-all mascara that isn't so clumpy! I really want something lengthening and seperating with some volume. I'm currently been going back to Jordana extreme lash volumizing mascara (drug store) and UD's Big Fatty Mascara. Jordana's is amazing especially since I got it for two dollars! It just clumps if I apply a lot of coats. UD one is pretty good, still getting used to it though! Just thought I'd give my thoughts on those two mascaras as well. (:
Thanks guys! 

melissa93

Re: Favorite Drug Store and High End Mascara?

(0) Hearts

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will have to try some new ones after March is over! :smileyhappy:

Christine818

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Best Overall:

High-end: Lancome Hypnose Drama

Drugstore: Loreal Voluminous (great at lengthening) topped with Covergirl Lashblast (great at volume and darkening)

*all darkest black available

Best Separating/Recent Addition (still playing with):

Hourglass Film Noir Spectrum

Best Primer:

Lancome Cils Booster XL

Best for lower lashes:

Lancome Hypnsose Doll-lashes

So far these are some of my favourites, but there are still so many I want to try! I feel as though mascara is some times placed on the back-burner for the 'prettier' products i.e. eyeshadows, highlighters, etc. and what a shame that is! I suggest that you try layering your more clumpy-prone mascaras over a good primer like Lancome Cils Booster XL and see what help that does, or what about investing in a metal lash comb? Otherwise, I haven't experineced any major clumping with any of the ones above (especially the Hourglass Film Noir Spectrum - it isn't as volumizing/dark as I'd like, but it really is great at separating and would be a good choice for everyday usage). Enjoying your recs.

wodermama

(0) Hearts

You have to try their real benefit is excellent 

valentinamia

(0) Hearts

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara, Carbon Black is my absolute favorite drug store mascara and as far as high end mascara goes, I haven't tried many of them, but I do like Benefit's They're Real! Mascara.. 

mrsessie

(0) Hearts

I Love tarte's Light camera lashes, and for drug store I am in love with Maybelline's collossal Cat eye & Turbo Lash

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

Buxom Amplified Lash mascara for lengthening and volume.  Still my favorite.  Haven't really been able to wear some mascaras that are drugstore OR high end because they irritate my eyes/allergy (I'm looking at YOU, Dior mascaras), but it sounds like the Cover Girl Clump Crusher would be one to try.  Supposedly  you can layer on 30 coats and it still won't clump.  I might have to try that just to see if my eyes react to it.

melissa93

(0) Hearts

The feeling is mutal when it comes to Dior Mascaras. They irritate my eyes as well. I'll have to try the CG one. 

atexas

(0) Hearts

My absolute favorite is YSL Shocking.  But because it sounds like you are looking for clump free you may like Benefit flawless definition as someone else mentioned.  That used to be one of my favs until Shocking. 

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I've always loved the Covergirl mascara that has the pink and green lid...it's probably the cheapest they make, it i grew up using it. My high end fav is Benefit Badgal Lash, the wand is fat and I don't end up with clumps.  

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Cover Girl's Lash Blast line is actually really good. It's so good that I thought CG might actually have started making good products (!) so I tried some of their other stuff. Not so much. Yuk. But every Lash Blast formula I've tried has been great!

I really like Buxom for it fullness and drama! It's great for going out (or staying in with your guy...) I find it takes a little extra effort since it's prone to clumping and needs a little extra combing, but I think it's worth it.

I also like Smashbox's Hyperlash. I've had several people comment on how long and pretty my lashes are when I've got it on. :smileyhappy:

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Melissa93, 

My favorite high end mascara is a toss between the Dior Show Extase and the Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum mascara. 

As for a drugstore brand I am really liking the Maybelline Cat Eyes which can be a bit thick and cause some clumps if you aren't careful but the shape works great for my eyes and really deposits more mascara onto my lashes for more intensity.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
donnamarie43

(0) Hearts

I've tried a ton of mascaras but I always end up going back to Avon's Supershock, not Supershock Max, just regular supershock it's the only mascara capable of lengthening  and volumizing  my stub of eyelashes

nanobear18

(0) Hearts

maybelline falsies and mac zoom waterfast lash. :smileywink:

babybear04

(0) Hearts

Although my favorite mascaras are high end (like Bobbi Brown's Everything Mascara and Giorgio Armani's Eyes to Kill), I go through mascara like it's my job (super fair lashes so usually the only time I don't wear mascara is when I'm sleeping) so now I usually use drug store brands in order to save $$.  

That being said, a few of my favorites are:

Most Maybelline Mascaras (Great Lash is highly rated by a lot of beauty pros).  I also like Mega Lush Volume and Falsies.

Covergirl Lashblast fusion or Lashblast Volume.  I'm usually not a fan of Covergirl, but I actually really like this mascara.  I actually think I prefer this to maybelline's mascaras.  It doesn't flake/smear, makes my lashes look long and full, doesn't irritate my eyes, and doesn't get clumpy.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

kimmi1115

For high end, I loved Urban Decay's "vintage" Big Fatty mascara.  The large, fluffy brush was amazing!  I also like Benefit's Bad Gal lash, which is similar to the original Big Fatty.  Buxum Lash was also pretty good.

For drug store, I am currently in love with Cover Girl's Clump Crusher.  It's a drug store version of UD's original Big Fatty.  I also like Maybelline for mascara.

berniebeauty

My favorite high end is Bare Minerals Flawless Definition mascara, I will definately have to repurchase that, and my favorite drugstore I have never actually bought! Its the Falsies Waterproof, I remember using my friends once and it did really well, not to mention standing up to summer's weather. 

~We are all beautiful~

janinebt

I really like They're Real and Dior's new Overcurl mascara. I already have naturally curly lashes, but this gives them the extra 'oopf' in just ONE coat.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kaye123

(0) Hearts

My favorite high end mascaras are Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes and Benefit's They're real.

For drugstore I'm really loving Revlon's Photoready 3D Volume and Loreal Voluminous.

Kitkat1022

[ Edited ]

High End: Benefit's They're Real mascara

Drugstore: Covergirl Clumpcrusher and Maybelline's Volume Express the Rocket 

They're Real: http://www.sephora.com/they-re-real-mascara-P289307?skuId=1343938

Clump Crusher:

Rocket:

sephoramusthave

high end: Benefit Theyre Real, Givenchy Phenomen Eyes

drugstore: loreal voluminous mascara, carbon black

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melissa93
    • sephoramusthave
    • waterbaby1981