Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

FEBRUARY 2017: 25 Days of EYESHADOW CHALLENGE

FEBRUARY 2017: 25 Days of EYESHADOW CHALLENGE (plus, color sub-challenge)

EYE17.jpg

For those that need a little guidance on getting started here is a color sub-challenge.  Let's go by day of the week for simplicity. Don't get stuck in a rut. Use different colors each time from this Chart.

Mon: 1st row

-creams, browns, burgundy

-violets and darker pinks

Tue: 2nd row

-creams, copper, golds, taupe

-pastel pinks, bright pinks, golden peach

Wed: 3rd row

-grays, taupe, silver, white, black

-sienna, yellow, soft peach, bright orange

Thu: 4th row

-all blues

-creams, peachy nudes, mossy greens

Fri: 5th row 

-all greens, aquamarines

-ROY G BIV 

EYE12.gif

What: 25 days of daily eyeshadow Show & Tell.

-Wear a different eyeshadow(s) for 25 days.
-Post photos of eye look, eyeshadows or swatches.

-Describe the product. Not only are you shopping your own collection but also providing inspiration to others!

When: 2/4-2/28

Where: This thread….Daily! All welcome to share their eyeshadow adventures!

EYE.gifAnyone know this palette?? Pretty!!!!

EYE2.gif

EYE22.jpg

Love this eye look! I am a little (just a little) over my gold eyeshadow obsession and have moved on to KVD Tinsel eyeshadow.

EYE5.gifNatural eye look! Smudge, Dab, Rub, Smoked....100x + primer + 6 colors + 5 brushes.  

Re: FEBRUARY 2017: 25 Days of EYESHADOW CHALLENGE

Ok our power was still out this morning so I grabbed my Kevyn Aucoin contour book II aaaaagain..... and put it on and then I thought I should really give this some effort. So then I tryed to put some pastels on top for a quick color pop but it didn't work out the best because it was a struggle to get them to show up.

The new Lorac Pro Spring Palette lavender transition , Bloody Mary outerlids and under eye liner, smoothie inner eye & under brow highlights

IMG_4127.JPG

IMG_4129.JPG

You work the colours like a pro @PaletteAddict99 It needs serous skills to work pastels so flawlessly.

@PaletteAddict99 - These colors lighten and open your eyes very nicely.  I like this look on you.

Thank you very much @Titian06  I should try to experiment more with the lighter shadows since the smokey eye look is such a comfortable place to go

This palette is gorgeous but oh so intimidating.   Nice job incorporating something new!!!

@ElleElleG Thank you! I'm wondering how some of those shadows are going to even show up?

I feel like they are watercolors that need to be painted on with a wet brush. What primer will work under that?

@PaletteAddict99  I know you didn't ask me 😊, but have you tried using a white pencil, like NYX Milk as a  base to help lighter colors pop? I typically still use my beloved UD primer under Milk because I always worry about it migrating/creasing, but I think it helps lighter colors show up more.

I am scared of pastels, but that palette is sooooo pretty - I keep putting it in my cart and then removing it...

I think Bloody Mary shows up well on you and it is very flattering on you - I'd probably just use that one, Hot Sauce, Sorbet and Sunday Funday, but then why buy a pastel palette? LOL

You did an awesome job branching out and trying something new - bravo! 😘

Thank you very much 🙂 @Tamara76 why buy the palette.....  LOL because.... I'm a palette addict??? hahaha but ur not so resist the urge...unless it goes on sale or using points with the next 20% off or just need to get to a certain $ amount to get a great GWP....so many reasons 😉 I like the diversity of having it in my collection. I'm going to go now and check out the NYX milk pencil that you suggested since I've never heard of doing that. Thank you for the advice on that 🙂 huge appreciation!

You are very welcome!  Let me know how the NYX pencil works for you!  ❤️❤️❤️

@PaletteAddict99

@PaletteAddict99 I just realized I didn't respond to how to get the colors to show up but @Tamara76 said precisely what I came back to say.

I remember seeing the NYX Milk pencil in tons of videos back in the day as a base for other colors.  Depending on where you purchase it from it can range from $4-$7.  The pencils come in countless shades, they also work well for one shadow eye looks!

Pastels are so hard to work with...I've yet to add them to my collection.  Valiant efforts ❤️

Ain't that the truth!!! @angelKiss24

I was still lazy to wear makeup but then long weekend fun made me do a quick simple look. My old favourite KA contour palette 2 with a pop of MAC glitter pigment on the inner corner of eye. @PaletteAddict99 Your post made me do it 😊

IMG_5614.JPGIMG_5616.JPG

@fatimamummy  This is a beautiful, natural, no-makeup look!  Very much "I woke up like this..." ❤

Hahaha @fatimamummy I started out lazy and used the Kevyn Aucoin again today too!!! It's so easy 😉 to look effortlessly presentable with that palette. 

You look great!

53278.jpg

IMGP9401.JPG

Please excuse my bad lighting. 

Day 7- RG Chose 53 + 278. 53 is Too Faced Summer Yum out of the Sweet Peach Palette. 278 is the dark green out of a Markwins palette, the kind you can get at Christmas from Wal-Mart.  Both of these are colors I normally wouldn't touch. 

@Samtian. That color combo really works well together!

@ElleElleG @PaletteAddict99 @Tamara76 Thanks ladies! I agree about the combo working well. I was really surprised. When I saw the colors I was like...what the...ew... But than when I applied it I thought, well that doesn't look that bad. 

@Samtian this combo is so pretty on you !

Agreed!  It's one of those combos you'd likely never think of but randomizing is like,  SURPRISE,  here is some greatness! 

This morning had to get ready partly challenged so I did the quickly out the door no makeup look barely LOL

Holy grail! Kevyn Aucoin contoure book II 

IMG_4121.JPG

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos213
  • LM Artist's Palette.jpg
  • LM Artist's Palette.jpg
  • EYE.gif
  • EYE12.gif
  • EYE2.gif
  • EYE5.gif
  • EYE22.jpg