Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

FEBRUARY 2017: 25 Days of EYESHADOW CHALLENGE

FEBRUARY 2017: 25 Days of EYESHADOW CHALLENGE (plus, color sub-challenge)

EYE17.jpg

For those that need a little guidance on getting started here is a color sub-challenge.  Let's go by day of the week for simplicity. Don't get stuck in a rut. Use different colors each time from this Chart.

Mon: 1st row

-creams, browns, burgundy

-violets and darker pinks

Tue: 2nd row

-creams, copper, golds, taupe

-pastel pinks, bright pinks, golden peach

Wed: 3rd row

-grays, taupe, silver, white, black

-sienna, yellow, soft peach, bright orange

Thu: 4th row

-all blues

-creams, peachy nudes, mossy greens

Fri: 5th row 

-all greens, aquamarines

-ROY G BIV 

EYE12.gif

What: 25 days of daily eyeshadow Show & Tell.

-Wear a different eyeshadow(s) for 25 days.
-Post photos of eye look, eyeshadows or swatches.

-Describe the product. Not only are you shopping your own collection but also providing inspiration to others!

When: 2/4-2/28

Where: This thread….Daily! All welcome to share their eyeshadow adventures!

EYE.gifAnyone know this palette?? Pretty!!!!

EYE2.gif

EYE22.jpg

Love this eye look! I am a little (just a little) over my gold eyeshadow obsession and have moved on to KVD Tinsel eyeshadow.

EYE5.gifNatural eye look! Smudge, Dab, Rub, Smoked....100x + primer + 6 colors + 5 brushes.  

Re: FEBRUARY 2017: 25 Days of EYESHADOW CHALLENGE

I haven't used KVD Esperanza palette in ages so thought to wipe its dust today. It doesn't have a transition colour so I used the Matte shade from Smashbox 100 pts perk.  These close pictures made me realize my brows need to get some grooming.

IMG_5276.JPG

Products used:

IMG_5271.JPG

What a beautiful pink eye look!  I don't think I have ever worn pink eyeshadow.  I guess I can try this month.

Whaaaaat???  I don't see not even a single stray hair.  Eyebrows look perfect! 

Also, how do you take a perfect eye photo like that?  I tried but mine just looks blurry when I 'edit'.....  Help!  lol!!!  @fatimamummy

Thank you @wheeeee For pictures I don't use selfie camera on my phone. Instead I stand infront of a mirror and use back camera. I can see in the mirror where the camera is focusing. Instead of full face , I take picture of half face or less so it doesn't blur when I crop it.  Cropping from full face picture dulls the colours.

@fatimamummy I have saved the KVD Esperanza palette on my Sephora loves list for well over a year. It's oos of course but has popped up on the sale page a few times but I missed it every time. One of these days.......

Beautiful look! Enjoy that little gem of a palette 🙂

@PaletteAddict99 I actually picked it from sale section a year it two ago when it showed up there. It is a nice palette with soft colours.

Very pretty, loving that pink/raspberry shade!

Beautiful eyes! 😍

This looks like so much fun.  I might branch out of my comfort zone of mostly neutrals. I have so many palettes that go half used.

Thanks for this challenge!

@AMK721 - I used to use only neutrals for years, then one day I had to make a change, I couldn't take all neutrals any more.  But what to do; I like to blend into the wallpaper!  I'm pretty sure I got this advice on BT (where else, right?).  Continue to use your neutrals; but rather than a neutral in your crease, use something daring--red, orange, green, whatever.  Use the color as light or dark as you want, making it brighter or darker as you become more comfortable.  Once you're ready, bring the color onto your lid by dragging it from the crease onto the outer one-third corner of my lid where people can actually see it.  Blend really well or use a transition color and people won't even notice.

I don't feel that people stare at me (I wear colors from the KVD Mi Vida Loca palette)...and I'm a wallflower (and I'm 52)!

YES!  Echoing @Titian06 I always put dark brown in my outer v and blend to the high heavens.  It's pretty easy to also exchange that with a deep purple, etc. I recently learned I could do this with the crease as Titian mentioned. I'm still weary of some colors knowing I can blend it into almost non-existence helps 😛 

Hello BT World!

Welcome to the Eyeshadow Challenge!  

Let's use  different eyeshadows all month long. Dust off that forgotten palette, lonely singles, set your 'Shadow of the Day' generator......and, Game On!  

Color sub-challenge is up!  See the top photo for more info!  This is not compulsory.  Just some bonus fun! ;')

My MUJI drawers arrived today!  Good timing and they are all loaded ready to go.  (I don't have many shadows. Lol! With hooded lids it is something I don't get fancy with. I use my color eye pencils more).

I haven't been using anything more then contour and highlight eyeshadow since last year when my left eye lost sight. It's so hard to see to do details. This may be a good thing to get me in practice again. First try:

image.jpeg

Bad light...never used Lorac Pro Palette: taupe transition, expresso crease, pewter lids, champagne brow bone & inner corners, deep purple liner and KVD thunderstruck highlights.

It is awesome you are going to try this challenge!  @PaletteAddict99

Your eyes are very beautiful!  Use those shadows!!!!

Thank you! @wheeeee and thank you for hosting this challenge. It'll make me get some good use out of all my palettes

I understand the frustration @PaletteAddict99.  Our eyes can be pretty resilient though, over time your right eye should start to compensate for the difference.  Echoing others, taking the challenge is a great first start!

And thanks for reminding me that I need KVD Thunderstruck!!

@ElleElleG Thank you! I hope my right eye does take over more. Doing this for two days so far is like I'm doing an eye work out. It's a strain for sure but I want to start using all my palettes and get really good at it 🙂

@PaletteAddict99 I would echo @tsavorite . You took the challenge! I am so looking forward to see you get back on you palette game. 💞 No palette or shadow goes unused .

@fatimamummy Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome! You are such a kind person 🙂 

Cheers to "No palette goes unused" but using every shadow could take a really loooong time Hahaha

@PaletteAddict99,

You took the challenge!  🙂

Ha I thought about NOT wanting to do it all day and then I decided you had a good point @tsavorite. Scary having such old eyes and all LOL

@PaletteAddict99,

But, you are the Palette Addict!  This challenge was meant for you!  🙂

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos213
  • LM Artist's Palette.jpg
  • LM Artist's Palette.jpg
  • EYE.gif
  • EYE12.gif
  • EYE2.gif
  • EYE5.gif