techie78

Eyeshadow primer for Oily skin/hooded eyes

(0) Hearts

I'm searching once again for the best primer for my skin type. I've tried may from UDPP, Too Faced, Bare Minerals, Benefit, MUFE, Lime Crime etc. It seems that only the eye lid itself, will crease or fade after a few hours. My upper eye area, I have no issues with.. If I'm having problems now, it will get more frustrating once summer gets here. UDPP was working well for me until they changed their packaging to a tube. Any help would be much appreciated; Sephora or non-Sephora brands. Thank you in advance!

lreagan

Re: Eyeshadow primer for Oily skin/hooded eyes

(0) Hearts

For oily lids, you want to stay away from thin, greasy eyeshadow primers like Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion. Lorac makes an oil-free one which I just got and I love so far. I haven't personally tried Kat Von D's, but I've heard that it's thick and even provides a little bit of color correction if you have veins on your eyes or dark circles.

http://www.sephora.com/behind-the-scenes-eye-primer-P255602?skuId=1222520

http://www.sephora.com/high-voltage-eye-primer-P257600?skuId=1423722

colorobsession

I agree 100% with kd006. I've tried a good 5 or 6 different primers, and although it's the pricest, the NARS eyeshadow base is my favorite. It's colorless, so it'll blend with any skintone and keep your eyeshadows and liners true to color. And it's had the longest staying power of any eye primer I've used (and I have oily skin too, so I feel you pain!)

kd006

NARS! It is simply amazing. UDPP was garbage to me.. it never worked. I also tried the bare minerals and that one creased for me as well. I have never had NARS crease up on me and i've used it for a year now. I can't even explain how much I love the NARS smudgeproof eyeshadow base.. It's a little more expensive but it is just amazing.

techie78

I have tried the Smashbox one with no luck :/ I'lll look into the Lancome. I did try Eden and it didn't work out. Thanks ladies!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Hope you find something that works! Let us know how your search goes!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

A thicker, quicker drying one like the ones Diana mentioned should work for oily lids.

The Smashbox one has a matte finish along with a nude tint. Is the UDPP you use the original? You might try their nude/matte version in Eden as I find the consistency a bit thicker and quicker to dry compared to the regular or tinted shimmer versions.

If you want a colorless option, Lorac's Behind the Scenes primer works well. It's still easy to spread and apply!

dianabt

Hi techie78,

My favorite lid primer is the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid primer. It's thick and creamy and great to make colored shadows pop with VERY minimal creasing.

Photo Finish Lid Primer

Another favorite? Lancome Aqutique which is ultra waterproof and thick as well.

Lancôme - AQUATIQUE - Waterproof Eyecolour Base

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • colorobsession
    • techie78