tpicks13

Eyeshadow palette smells off?

(0) Hearts
Last week I purchased an Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette and today I noticed that it smells a bit off. Is it supposed to smell like that or is it expired?
ChicDabbler

Re: Eyeshadow palette smells off?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It stinks. The UD CS on the phone told me it's normal and happens sometimes, probably cuz of the glue or something, not cuz anything's wrong. However, it seems some smell worse than others. It may just be the plastic, maybe leave it open under a fan for a day or so. If you really can't stand it, exchange it for another one that hopefully doesn't smell as bad. 

mclainamanda

(0) Hearts

I just purchased one as well! I also smell that weird smell! I was wondering if it ever went away?

tpicks13

(0) Hearts

Thank you(:

tpicks13

(0) Hearts

My mom paid for it so the bank idea isn't a possibility. I'm just trying to exchange it for one that doesn't reek because I like the product and it's not that cheap as well.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Ah, in that case, yeah, an exchange is the way to go since a full blown refund isn't possible.

Since you don't have a receipt, try to go right up to the check out counter when you get there and inform an employee of your intention to exchange the item and how the one you purchased just smells off and you'd rather play it safe. Any time I shop and have an exchange without a receipt I like to ensure that someone working knows I'm bringing in a legit product that I carried into the store and aren't trying to pull a fast one on them. 

tpicks13

(0) Hearts

If I want to exchange it again because they probably have some new ones in stock, can I just show them my past purchases or do I have to bring my receipt because I think I've misplaced it.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

If you can't find your receipt, Sephora will be able to do an exchange for you based on the value of the product that it rings up for currently or as an even exchange for the same item.

Depending on how you paid for it, if it's by a card you can contact your bank and request a copy of their records as a receipt to show it was purchased that way so you can get money back on it.

tpicks13

(0) Hearts

Well i'll just try to not put my nose near it for a while :smileytongue:

poshified

(0) Hearts

It can't smell worse than the Tarte Aqualilies palette :smileyvery-happy:

tpicks13

(0) Hearts

Still upset though because they told me to get another one in 2-3 weeks but I go to a boarding school in the middle of nowhere, obviously nowhere near a Sephora soI'd have to wait at least a month to a month and a half to get another one and I don't shop online which makes it hard.

tpicks13

(0) Hearts

I went back today to exchange it and turns out that all of them smell like that so I got one that didn't smell as strong.

tpicks13

(0) Hearts

It's kind of like a rotting smell?

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I wouldn't say it has a rotting smell but its not a pleasant smell. They all smell weird. I don't find it to be a big deal though. But if your sensitive to that smell you way just Need to find a new palette since everyone I have smelled, haI that weird smell. 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

That's odd. If something is new, it shouldn't smell rotten. Mine does not really have a smell, maybe a bit plasticy if you hold your nose right up to it but that's about it.

gongju87

(0) Hearts

What kind of smell is it? Like a plastic smell, a mineral smell, etc? Maybe something spilled on it at one time?

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I don't have it, but I do have other Urban Decay shadows and no they don't smell. I would go exchange it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poshified
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • Spyski
    • Kiki1517