starletta8

Eyeshadow Pencils- recommendations?

(0) Hearts

Although I have come to love my new look with glasses (and love knowing I'm not further damaging my eyes), being incredibly nearsighted has limited my eye makeup choices.  I've been reaching for my Clinique Chubby Sticks on a daily basis and think they're just the best thing since sliced bread since even a blind girl like me can apply those!

I started playing with the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks last week, and know Chanel is releasing a few eyeshadow sticks with their summer collection.  Doing a bit of poking around, I see new ones from Bobbi Brown and Urban Decay.

So, what are your favorite eyeshadow sticks/pencils?  Why?  Please note, I'm not looking for something to use as a base- I need sticks I can use as standalone eyeshadow.  I literally can't see well enough to do much else.

ashleynne

Re: Eyeshadow Pencils- recommendations?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

shadow pencil.jpg

Surprisingly sephora's Jumbo liner 12hr Wear Waterproof pencil is really good. I normally don't recommend sephora brand for anything but their brushes. This product is different though! You can either use it for a shadow or liner. It's a great price at $14 each and has 27 colors. So you have a lot of color variety to choose from. It's highly pigmented and has great staying power!  I own two currently. :smileyhappy: I always recommend using an eye primer for whatever you decide to use. Nothing is as crease/fade proof as it claims to be.

starletta8

Well, I can update this with one full day of wearing the Laura Mercier caviar sticks- I think I found my HG pencil/stick!  Steel was the color that I've been missing in my eyeshadow wardrobe since switching from powder to sticks.

(I really should've guessed since Laura Mercier pewter was my everyday smoky gray!)

Miraculously, I was scrubbing like mad to get it off 14.5 hours after applying.  LOVE.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
connieconcon

[ Edited ]

I've only tried the UD sticks, and I've found that without a primer base, it smudges.  :smileysad:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I use NARS primer under the Chubby Sticks- that's not a problem for me.  I've just seen a lot of references to using eyeshadow sticks as a base for power shadows (which is totally not what I want).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • ashleynne
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8
Photos1
  • shadow pencil.jpg