cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Eyeshadow Palettes

I've been considering purchasing a high end eyeshadow palette. I have narrowed it down by process of YouTube videos and what color schemes look most appealing to me. Between the Tartlette In Bloom palette and the ABH Modern Renaissance palette, which should I pick and why? 

Re: Eyeshadow Palettes

Hi @Anonymous,

I have both palettes and use the Tartelette in Bloom far more than the Modern Renaissance Palette. I just find the Tartelette to be easier to travel with, I feel like the shades are more wearable but both are great. Also the Tartelette in Bloom Palette smells amazing! 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Up front, the Modern Renaissance palette may be my favorite eyeshadow palette that I've ever purchased.  The colors are rich, beautiful, elegant, and (to my eye) very versatile.  That said, I typically depend on one or two other "function shades" from other palettes or singles.  This is particularly true of a base shade, a matte skin-toned one that can serve as a blending base for the whole look.  In other words, even though it looks like a few of the shades could serve as neutrals, they're all much richer (or darker) on the lid than they sometimes look in the pan.  If you have these shades independent of the palette, you'll have no trouble at all getting some really spectacular eye looks out of this.

The Tartelette In Bloom Clay palette is much more traditionally neutral in the brown/bronze range.  It doesn't have the rich cranberry or rust colors that the Modern Renaissance does, but it has all the shades you need for complete looks, you just wouldn't get as many different ones out of it.  The pigment and powder is up to Tarte's standards, though I'm generally just less fond of their shimmer shades than I am of their matte ones.  If you're particularly fond of chocolate or bronzy smoked looks, this is an excellent way to get them.  If you want more versatility, I'd recommend the Modern Renaissance option.

Good luck.

Honestly, both palettes are good quality.  As you already know, the ABH palette comes with a brush and the TiB one doesn't.  TiB has 12 colors, ABH has 14.  There's a difference of like 4USD, but all of that is stuff you already know.  I think you should go off the colors.  If you like the colors in one more than the other, that's the one for you.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing