Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Eyeliner for waterline?

I need a good eyeliner for my waterline....something that stays put and will not smudge or run.  I have sensitive eyes as well...any recommendations please?  I prefer a pencil.  Thank you!

Re: Eyeliner for waterline?

If your eyes are sensitive and you're not aware of any particular ingredients or components you may be reactive to, you may look into brands that have liners that are dermatologist or ophthalmologist approved or allergy tested at the very least to have some gauge of the formula being more mild and less potentially irritating. Brands like Clinique and Tarte have a wide array of liners to check out that have been tested so those may be good starting points. Depending on whether you're looking for a gel or cream based pencil, even a kohl formula, or a traditional pencil which you have to sharpen or is a twist-up/automatic version may also help you choose which one to ultimately go with.

From my experience with using various liners and obtaining feedback from clients I've worked with, many of those who I have worked with have stated they have good luck with Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Liner Pencil and that it does not irritate their sensitive skin/eyes. Marc Jacob's Highliner (available in matte and shimmer finishes, although I would recommend avoiding any shimmer formulas as the mica or reflective pigments may be problematic along the waterline) are also very long-wearing along the waterline. I've recently got to test Smashbox's Always On Gel Liner (currently available just in black on Sephora, but check Ulta or Smashbox direct for their full array of colors, I'm sure Sephora will be getting the full range in soon enough) and was very impressed by its smooth application, rich pigment, and super durable long-wear capabilities. All three do not have a marketed approval from clinical testing, but all three brands state their liner formulas as being paraben, sulfate, and phthalate free. 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing