BrookeAnn92

Eyeliner Problems

I really want to find a liquid eyeliner that works! I always go to different places to get some, but whenever I put it on my eyes, I feel like its very thin and runny. I can never get it to look nice. Does anyone know of a brand that will stay on thick and look nice??

helpful

Re: Eyeliner Problems

(0) Hearts

I like Eyeko felt tip liquid liner. I've also used Physician's Formula eyeliner pen and actually thought it did a great job. Liquid is much easier to manage when it's in the form of a pen, you can control the thickness and it's not runny at all.

mrsessie

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay 24/7 liquid eyeliner is great the applicator is super thin so you can build up to the look you want...If your looking for something at a drug store price please switch to a gel liner and try L'Oreal's Infallible gel liner it is amazing, it does not smudge is water proof and lasts allllll day long.

babybear04

I highly recommend Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel liner.  It's not a liquid, per say, but really helps achieve that fluid line.  It's thicker and stays put pretty much all day, and is really easy to apply.  This is my go-to liner for a thick, dramatic cat eye or even a simple line for day. 

Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner

http://www.sephora.com/long-wear-gel-eyeliner-P270539?skuId=1287408

Hope this helps and best of luck!

dianabt

Hi BrookeAnn92, 

My new favorite liquid liner that stays put and looks great (without being too runny or liquidy) is the Too Faced 3 way lash lining tool- I love it! So easy to use and get a thin or thick line and really get that definition and precision that can be hard to do with liquid liners!

Too Faced - 3 - Way Lash Lining Tool

http://bit.ly/143TQzY

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
BrookeAnn92

(0) Hearts

It looks like it will work great! Thank you so much!!

lylysa

Well, first, what types or kinds of liquid liners have you tried. Sometimes actual brands have thinner formulas than others, making it more watery and more difficult to stay in place.

Also the applicator can be a big factor, brush tips or even felt tips that you have to dip into a ink or product well can sometimes be loaded with too much, causing it to be a runny mess when applied.

Look for felt tip applicators that look like markers (Smashbox's liquid liner is a favorite of mine) or if you prefer brush tips, find one with a thin brush head as to not splay and widen once pressed down (Urban Decay's liquid liner).

Also, note that if your eyes are naturally watery or easy to water, patience and technique paired with placement is essential. Liquids do not wear well at the waterline or inner lash lines.

BrookeAnn92

(0) Hearts

I think I've been using the thin tip kind you dip that looks like a paint brush, so now ill try the felt tips. Thank you!!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No probs, the felt tips that look like pens are markers are a bit easier to control since you can hold them closer to the base of the felt tip like you would naturally hold a pen.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • babybear04
    • mrsessie
    • helpful
    • BrookeAnn92