Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eyelash Growth Serum

I have very short eyelashes that even with mascara don't seem to look any better. False eyelashes bug my eyelashes towards the inner parts. I am considering an eyelash growth serum. I have a friend who uses the Rodan+Fields Lash boost but am hesitant against those types of companies. Espcially when they make you pay a starter fee to buy their products at a discount. 

Anyone have any luck with the RevitaLash Advanced or the Rodan+Fields? Or even something else? I don't want to have to take pills though. 

Thanks!

Re: Eyelash Growth Serum

Try natural first (like castor oil and coconut oil which you can get at Whole Foods for a lot cheaper) if that doesn't work I recommend RevitaLash

cassandraw91 wrote:

I have very short eyelashes that even with mascara don't seem to look any better. False eyelashes bug my eyelashes towards the inner parts. I am considering an eyelash growth serum. I have a friend who uses the Rodan+Fields Lash boost but am hesitant against those types of companies. Espcially when they make you pay a starter fee to buy their products at a discount. 

Anyone have any luck with the RevitaLash Advanced or the Rodan+Fields? Or even something else? I don't want to have to take pills though. 

Thanks!

Late to this post but curious if anyone's tried LashFood? My friend tried Latisse ($99) and it turned her eyelids dark and it did work but once she stopped using it, her lashes fell out and she was back to suffering from lack of lashes. I myself got suckered into Rodan & Fields ($150) by a "friend" and did have to pay the annoying fees. It took about 3 months but I do have longer and more lashes and my eyelids also got darker. No sideways growth problems but I'm told I can't stop using it otherwise I'll go back to suffering lack of lashes so I'm thinking I need a cheaper option.

I was using the Rodan+Fields for a couple of months and it made many of my lashes grow in sideways. I just started getting eyelash extensions, which I love, but the esthetician did tell me she's seen the sideways growth in many of her clients from the Rodan+Fields as well. She is strongly against Latisse for a variety of reasons including the discoloring of the eye and sideways growth.

I haven't tried it yet but she recommends GrandeLASH:  http://www.grandecosmetics.com/GrandeLASH_MD_p/gn1002.htm. My friend uses this and I could see the difference within a few weeks -- her lashes looked noticeably fuller and longer. It's also much more affordable than the other 2 brands! She said to only purchase it from their website directly and not from a site such as Amazon in case someone is selling a different product packaged as GrandeLASH.

I use Lash Boost with Rodan and Fields and LOVE IT. I have first hand seen from January to now how much longer my lashes have gotten. I did not have to pay a starter fee - just find a friend or friend-of-friend who can order it for you.

Be patient - it is a 12-week product. I highly suggest taking before pictures so you can start tracking your success!

Hi

I used both Latisse and Revitalash. The latisse requires and RX and Revita Lash is over the counter. 

Latisse worked really well for me. I got super long and thick lashes BUT it did cause the skin on my eyelids to turn dark red which I just covered  with eye shadow base and eye shadow. It took about 3 months to notice a difference and 4 months for the fullest potential and result that EVERYONE noticed and commented on

the Revita lash also worked but not quite as intensely. This product did not cause any eyelid redness. I think it took about 2 months to notice any improvement on thickness and length but that was as good as it got

When you stop using either of these products, your lashes go back to their usual state. I have Restarted Latisse about 2 weeks ago only because I had some left over that I did not want to waste. Im considering the Revita Lash once I run out of the latisse

Since my lashes started falling out over the past few years, I only curl my lashes and wear mascara if Im going out or on special occasions

So I have really short eyelashes as well and I've been using castor oil with a mascara wand for about a year now and have really improved in volume and length! 

I know someone who used Latisse and she did it double the dose/length and now she has a permanent twitch :S 

I am personally using Neostrata's eyelash serum and have been since the end of December. It is middle of the road pricing, not super expensive like the Elizabeth Arden one but a bit cheaper than the RapidLash one.

Hi, cassandraw91!

The majority of over the counter lash serums or products will focus on lash health and integrity, thus in turn contributing to perhaps extending their life cycle a bit beyond their natural state of when lashes will shed on their own. Many of these formulas will include vitamins, minerals, or peptides to strengthen the quality of the lash hair so they aren't as fragile and prone to snapping, breaking, or shedding prematurely. These fortifying components can also help lash hairs feel thicker and more resilient, giving an improved feel and look. 

Check out brands like Peter Thomas Roth's Lashes To Die For, Lashfood, and Shisheido for some lash-health focuses products.

I started using Rodan & Field's Lash Boost about 4 mos ago and it's made my lashes longer, but not really thicker. My right eye lashes have started to grow sideways. Is this a typical effect?? I used Latisse several years ago and it was amazing but I didn't keep it up. I'm wondering if I should go back to Latisse?

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing