infinitise

Eye shadows - soft shimmers that are good quality?

(0) Hearts

Heyy everyone, 

I'm looking for some eye shadows that are worth the cost. 

I was originally planning on purchasing the Lorac pro palette, but its been sold out for a while :smileysad: 

I have Asian eyes - smaller space to work with... 

I've tried the UD naked 1, and didn't like it at all. the shimmers were very strong and metallic-ey... 

I have MAC shadows right now, but itsn't a big fan.. they're not the best quality eye shadows.. very powdery, settles in lines, and just isn't too flattering.. 

What might be a palette, duos, trios, singles that are worth investing in?

I was looking at the Ysl, Armani, Dior, makeup forever, bobbi brown, smashbox, nars, etc. but can't decide.. some are more pricier than others and I don't know if they're worth that extra cost.. 

I have a light neutral skintone that is closer to yellow undertone.. currently using the Guerlain Lingerie De peau in Ambre pale, but I also fair well with a YSL toche eclat in Beige Rose 20.. 

I don't like it to be a crappy quality, but I also don't it to be as expensive as Tom ford either.. 

please help me 

nice pretty neutrals with soft suttle shimmers 

bratknits

Re: Eye shadows - soft shimmers that are good quality?

Have you looked at Stila's "In the Light Palette"?  I find I pull it out all the time, much more subtle shimmers than UD they're soft and very pretty.

http://www.sephora.com/in-the-light-palette-P291218?skuId=1346667

infinitise

the SA actually recommended the Stila when I told her I didn't like the UD nakes. I thought the color options were alright, but the shimmers is still too big for my liking :smileysad:

I received them in Trio as gift before, and I like them because they blend very well and is long lasting.. 

but Thank you so much ! 

sulfate

I had a similar problem.  I used to only wear mattes and had a hard time finding shimmers that were still subtle enough not to age to my eyes (at least in my mind).  I tried and ditched Bobbi Brown eye shadow because I found it very hard to work with.  On me, it went on very streaky/patchy and wouldn't blend out easily.  I wanted to love UD because I HATE that I'm using a few things that aren't cruelty free, but the shimmers we stronger than I wanted.  

Now I use Armani's Eyes To Kill quad in Parma.  These particular colors were perfect for me, but more importantly, I find the shimmer to be very subtle and elegant.  They are not super pigmented (at least this one) and are pretty much mistake proof.  I don't have any fallout and I've never had a blending problem.  Never cakey etc..  

Having said that, if anyone knows of anything similar that is cruelty free, I would love to hear and I would dump Armani in a heartbeat.  

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! this was very helpful <3 

I almost thought the neutrals couldn't match up to BB and almost went to nordstrom to buy them if I didn't read this today 

I will definitely see the Armanis in person and purchase them according to the color that suits me 

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I think the Lorac website also has it, if you can't get it at Ulta. It is a great pallet - my favorite I bought this year. rumor has it that sephora is going to stop carrying Lorac....

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I have never seen the Lorac pro palette in real lift.. and can't because I go to school in Canada :smileysad: 

the only option I have it to ship to my parents' house in the US without seeing them :smileysad: 

how would you describe the colors? and the shimmers? 

I don't know what the Sephora's policy is like, but alot of brands leave or don't partner with Sephora.. like Juice beauty they used to carry, Armani, Estee lauder, chanel, etc..

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

The pallet is half mattes and half shimmers. There is no glitter in any of the colors. The shimmers are creamy and luminescent. The quality of the shadows is outstanding. The range of colors is outstanding, great. Universal shades that you can use for many many looks. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much <3 

I'm ordering the Lorac pro today online 

lilahtov

No worries about the Lorac Pro palette being sold out on Sephora! I LOVE Lorac shadows, such great pigment and quality and they last for what seems like forever! 

I just recently posted a really amazing deal I found on Ulta, it's the Pro palette PLUS a Lorac eyeliner PLUS a deluxe sample-sized eye primer, all for $39...less than the palette retails for, so yay! I just ordered mine the other day. Here's the link :smileyhappy:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5920336

Happy shopping <3

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Omgsh this is craaaazzzzyy 

I was just going to call a several Sephoras to ask if they had the Bobbi Brown nude and navy (thats being discontinued) but this blows everything off the rooff

I regret not remembering to look at ulta, but I'm so glad

Thank you so much!! 

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

do you like it?? I am so glad i could help you out :smileyhappy: lorac pro twins now i hope! 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I actually ordered them, but because I go to school in Canada, I shipped it to my parents house T_T

I can't wait to see it in person when I go home this winter break!! >_< 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • sulfate
    • annekevdb
    • infinitise
    • bratknits
    • lilahtov