goodChoicegirl

Eye shadow primer

Hi, This is my first post/question. I'm excited and also looking to you, the experts. I am not happy w/Urban Decay's eye shadow primer it w/o fail creases daily. I liked MAC's eye paints, but didn't like how I had to 'work' the product and the tiny twist top was annoying. Thanks for your guidance! gCg
melissabt

Re: Eye shadow primer

Goodchoicegirl-

Also, the Kat Von D primer is amazing too! The consistency is very thick and the shadow really stays on very well.

Kat Von D - High Voltage Eye Primer

<3 Melissa
Sosar8

(0) Hearts

Try the Lorac eye shadow primer. It is amazing!!  You won't be disappointed.  My local Sephora girl recommended it to me and now I'm hooked. Your eyeshadow will look incredible on top of it and stay exactly how you applied it for the entire day. I get compliments all the time!

FayeCouturexo

(0) Hearts

I really recommend the nars one! its a couple of bucks more than the ud one but its really worth it (:

jess1984

(0) Hearts

I also recommend the Nars eye primer. I orignally tried UDPP but was allergic to it. I then tried the Nars one and it works incredibly. I have very oily skin, and live in Texas, and my eyeshadows last all day without creasing!! It's amazing!! I am in love with this primer and will never try another one :smileyhappy:swfupload_6946689441375160202.jpg

meagann

the nars one is amazing. i have the nars and the urban decay. Nars is the best by far.

Nicia

(0) Hearts

I've had no problems with UD's primer, but friends that have had issues with it have recommended Bare Mineral's Prime Time, and said that it works better for them. Best of luck!

tclack

Hi, There! I have had that problem before and was just like you - hating UD's primer. I've tried a few more and recently switched to Lorac's Behind the Scenes and am IN LOVE with it. It's a bit thicker and matte-er than others but I NEVER get creases, which is saying a lot for how oily I am. If you don't want to pay $22 for a huge bottle they have 2 gifts sets right now for a good deal that has a smaller size in it. You can try it and get some other good product while you're at it. Or if you're near a Sephora store, just go in and they'll but a generous amount in a sample pot for you to try for a few days before committing.

goodChoicegirl

Great, I'm going to samply and that gift set looks perfect to stash for day to night looks. Thanks for looking out!

goodChoicegirl

(0) Hearts

Thank you dianabt, I'll check both of these out. Hoping they have a bit of shimmer rather than just opaque. I'm loving the boards, this is great!

Lins012193

I love NARS's eyeshadow primer never had a problem with creasing when using it. It's a little think though, so make sure anywhere you've applied it is covered by eyeshadow to prevent stickiness!

lylysa

If you end up getting another eye shadow primer but don't want to waste your UD one, mix portions of it with loose pigments to create your own cream shadow or cream liner :smileyhappy:!

You can also apply it onto brows before you fill in with pencil or brow powder to help hold the product better, or on areas where you're going to use loose shimmer or glitter, like along your cheeks for a more funky look but have more "stick".

goodChoicegirl

I love your idea of using it as 'highlighter' -well done. I will be implementing come NYE!

goodChoicegirl

Excellent, thanks ladies. Duly noted. And yes, I only use a tiny bit, which makes it harder to 'use up' the UD tube I've got. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

How much of the primer are you using? You want to use the amount about the size of the head of a pin is all that is needed.

The Smasbox formula is a bit thicker like Diana stated, and so is Lorac's, which is colorless, like UD's.

To work with any primers/cream shadows in pots, you can use your finger to apply the product or a small, flat concealer brush to paint on a bit to lids if you don't want the oils of your fingers to mix with the product.

dianabt

Hello there and welcome to our boards!

I'd suggest you try the Lancome Aquatique or the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. Both are my favorites since they are slightly thicker formulas and crease far less on me than the UDPP as well. I especially like the Aquatique for being waterproof!

AQUATIQUE - Waterproof Eyecolour Base Photo Finish Lid Primer

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • tclack
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • jess1984