bad823

Eye shadow brushes

What kind of brush do you use for applying lid color, a flat shader or fluffy brush? Can you share your must have eye brush name/# for lid, crease & outer "v" ? Thanks!

bad823

Re: Eye shadow brushes

Thanks ladies! I actually do have the 239, just ordered the 217 & 219 with free second day, yay! MAC shipping is super fast.  I also have the 286, the SA talked me into it & I was so disappointed with myself for caving, now that I'm using it, it is one of my most loved brushes. 

I did notice that they have the RiRi double ended 217/239 for $35, it's very pretty. 

amberangeline

(0) Hearts

My favorite brush for applying color to my lids is more flat. It's actually the small shadow brush from Sonia Kashuk. It's really good for packing color on the lids and even wedging color into your crease for definition. 

DesertRose0706

I love MAC brushes.  here are my favorite eye brushes:

Mac 217 - Blending brush for applying color and blending in crease

MAC 217.jpg

MAC 229 - Flat shader brush, great for packing color onto the lid

MAC 229.jpg

MAC 219 - pencil brush, great for defining the crease and smudging color along the upper and lower lash lines

MAC 219.jpg

ilovetopurplefy

You would use a flat shader brush for the lid and a fluffy brush for blending in the crease :smileyhappy:

Britlee303

One of my favorites for the crease is the MAC 217 because it is so versatile and can be used for placing color or blending or both. I use a flat shader for applying lid color, but you could use a fluffy brush if you want a sheerer application. And my hands down favorite lid brush ever is the MAC 239...all I can say is that is is amazing and nothing I have found even comes close to duping it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ilovetopurplefy
    • DesertRose0706
    • amberangeline
    • bad823
    • Britlee303
Photos3