xxmakeupguruxx

Eye Primer Melt Down?!?!?!

Ok so about a couple of days ago I bought the LM Eye Basics Eye Primer in Wheat. Now, I don't know if it's just me but today one eye my eyeliner had transferred all over my lid and had smudged while the other eye stayed perfectly fine the whole day. Is it possible for one eye to be oilier than the other? If not what is going wrong? I don't have super oily eyelids and never used to have them? How did this happen?

beautylovingirl

Re: Eye Primer Melt Down?!?!?!

(0) Hearts

Lorac Behind the scenes eye primer is something you may want to check out. Hope this helps!

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I also agree with the oil based primer comment.  Even the UD one separates in the tube for me.  The first few squeezes are kind of gross.  Even so, it's one of the better primers.  The other primer I've had a lot of success with is the Bare Minerals original eye primer.  Their newer colored ones don't work that well on me.  

alare

(0) Hearts

I agree with ^

I had the same issue with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Urban Decay Primer Potion works well for me (I have oily lids). I also use Maybelline Color Tattoos as an eyeshadow base and they are awesome in staying power.

onomotopoeia9

I had the same thing with the too faced shadow insurance. I found out that some eye primers are oil based, and settle + separate in the package. It is very likely that one eye got more oil than the other. After that I am very careful with my shadow primers. Urban decay makes a great one that never separated on me yet. Another option is to get a thicker primer in a 'pot' like laura mercier eye canvas or benefit lemonaid

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • xxmakeupguruxx
    • alare
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9