cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eye Makeup Brushes 101

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have purchased the Too Faced Peach Palette and I have a quinceneara coming up for which I want to do my own make up (I am the guest). My sister has the ABH Modern Renaissance palette which I might borrow depending on what look I will go with. I need some advice from all you experts on the type of brushes I need. I have been watching some YouTube videos and some of the artists have soooo many brushes which gets me lost.

Please please help on guiding me to brushes and brands. I have E.L.F. brushes but I heard of Sigma brushes.

Thank you in advance.

Also, how to people put fake eye lashes by themselves?!

Re: Eye Makeup Brushes 101

@Natalia21 I'm no makeup artist, but I totally agree with the  beauty advisor's recommendation.  You want an all over brush, a crease brush, and a blending brush.  I think going to the store and looking at brushes in person helps; Sephora does a good job of labeling what the brushes are used for.  (I've made mistakes in picking out brushes, but live and learn.)  The Sephora line is good, but I've heard IT cosmetics brushes are great, as are Chanel.

I learned two good tips about brushes: 1. have the brush fit the area you are working on 2. more densely packed bristles pick up more products (and vice versa).  Also, you want a brush that is soft but firm - if that makes any sense!

Good luck!

Hi @Natalia21,

I have both palettes and I like to use a brush that is flat on both sides for applying shadow all over the lid. This type of brush I find applies the shadows evenly and smoothly. A  great brush for this is the Sephora Collection PRO Airbrush Shadow #30. 

For blending in the crease or softening and harsh lines, I like to use a big fluffy brush like the Make Up Forever 242 Large Blender Brush. 

For more precise application, like the out corner of the eye area, I like to use a bullet blending brush. The Sephora Collection PRO Bullet Crease #86 is great for that and is also great for creating smokey eye looks. 

I hope this gives you an idea of what type of brushes can be used when applying eye shadow. The Sephora Collection has great sets as well that can be used for multiple looks and applications. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thank you very much Janean. I might get the ABH palette myself but I am a beginner in terms of make up 😄

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing