plm95

Empty Eyeshadow Palette?

(0) Hearts

I would like to start a customizable eyeshadow palette, but I'm not sure where to start. I'm not a fan of the Z-palettes. MAC has changed their palettes and it seems like people aren't liking them as much, along with the fact that I don't live near a freestanding store. The Urban Decay customizable palettes seem so expensive for just a minimal amount of colors.
I know there are the Sephora brand ones, but I'm still not sold? Does Sephora still carry the empty Makeup Forever palettes? Any other feedback would be appreciated as well!
Thanks!
-plm95

SweetFirefly

Re: Empty Eyeshadow Palette?

(0) Hearts

The Unii palette looks really interesting and I've seen good reviews.

drrragon

Look up Trish McEvoy's customizable planner pages.  They're designed to work as part of her makeup organizer system, but I've been using mine as palettes for random eyeshadows.  What I like is that they're made of high quality plastic with a strong magnet closure, include a mirror, and just feel really nice in my hand. They come in small, medium, and large sizes.

Another option is the Unii palette, which is wonderfully designed but does cost a little more.

The Zpalette is a great idea but I'm not in love with the idea of a cardboard palette.

The cheapest option is to create your own!  I bought some magnet sheets from Amazon and converted some small flat boxes into customizable palettes.  

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I love the Trish McEvoy planner pages too. They are nice & slim, but sturdy. 

plm95

I have used both the MUFE and MAC eyeshadow line and would be willing to use either line in order to create a personalized palette. Thanks for replying so quickly!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I know the ELF palettes can fit the MAC shadows, the palettes are better for travel as they can only fit 4 shades, but they're $1 a piece so it's a steal.

Try seeing if you can get the sizing or dimensions of the shadows and cross checking with brands to be sure they will fit.

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

I've heard wonderful things about the Makeup Forever palettes but can't seem to find them anywhere. I agree with you on the Zpalettes though I've heard they're great as well. 

I recently got a palette from Etsy (sellers name is anothersoul) and it's great the magnet isn't the best but I love the design and size so I just bought some magnets to put on the shadows that didn't stick very well. 

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Is there any particular size of the actual palette or sizing of the shadows/pans you're trying to fill?

This is going to be key as not all eye shadow brands will work with select palettes.

Stila has 4, 6, and 8 pan palettes; ELF has a mini 4 pan palette; and Coastal Scents also offers a variety of palettes and even empty pans to press your own.

Other artistry brands such as Ben Nye, Cinema Secrets, La Femme, and Yaby also offer a range in palettes too.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • drrragon
    • lylysa
    • bittersweet86
    • plm95
    • SweetFirefly