DolphinGirl701

Easy color pallette Maybe with some glitter??

I do not wear a lot of makeup usually lip gloss and mascara and go My husband wants me to start wearing eyeshadow. I truly have no idea how to apply to look nice and not like a have a black eye. Any idea on an easy color pallette to use?

evno

Re: Easy color pallette Maybe with some glitter??

(0) Hearts

I just found these! Only $12 a pop, and one has a nice selection of the natural-looking colors while the other has more colorful shades to make your eyes stand out.

DolphinGirl701

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone I wish this was like FB and could like all of your comments.  I want to wear eyeshadow for myself.  I have some two faced The smokey eye pallett.  I thought I looked not good but my husband said don't stop.  I saw the UD Ammo pallett I really like the glittery and the colors.  I'll look at all the others mentioned

LCResz

If you have pink undertones you will likely look great in cool tones, but with green eyes you can never go wrong with bronzy browns. I'm sure you'll have fun shopping, as long as your hubby is the one footing the bill :smileytongue:

gingerblack

Well first of all you don't need to start wearing makeup because your husband wants you to. He should accept you how you are :/

Anyway I also recommend the naked basics, urban decay 1/2 depending on your skin tone, or the smash box photo op palette for hazel eyes...

A purple shadow would also look nice

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Depends on what color palette you like. Are you looking for a quad palette or a palette with more? There are SOO many different palettes out there. For quads I love Dior and MAC you can create your own which is great. For greater palettes I love Urban Decay's Naked line, Lorac. Too Faced has good palettes too but their glitters pressed shadows are too clumpy for me but I know many people that love it! It is all up to your preference. Just make sure to swatch in-store to verify that you like their finish, pigmentation, and skin tone complementation. 

In terms of technique- go ask the Sephora or Mac people! If you want to learn outside of a store, Youtube and Pinterest. Also don't forget to practice! 

DolphinGirl701

(0) Hearts

Green eyes unfortunetly hooded, light skin with pink tones, darkish red hair.

evno

(0) Hearts

Aww, eyes shouldn't be unfortunately hooded, just hooded! I have hooded eyes and used to hate them for the longest time before I discovered a tumblr thread called monolidlove. Google it! Now, I realize that hooded eyes can look intense and mysterious in ways that no other eye type can pull off. Flaunt them, girl!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

In that case, go for the Laura Mercier Artist Palette. There are some nice taupes and browns, as well as purples that will really make your eyes pop. 

autumn18

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay basics or Urban Decay Naked 1 are both great. When I first started out I started with UD basics. They work best with an eyeshadow primer

trestresbelle

I personally really like the naked basics palette. It doesn't have any color but allows for a natural look and it's high quality. I'm also a fan of too faced makeup, so anything of theirs would be good. Their palettes all usually come with little instruction cards too on how to apply.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Can you give us some basic information first? Eye color, skin tone, undertone, skin type, etc

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • trestresbelle
    • gingerblack
    • LCResz
    • glossyguru
    • evno
    • CaitlinBrunson