lorenabee

EYEBROWS FOR DARK HAIR

(0) Hearts

I have naturally black hair and I love how filled in eyebrows look but when I do them myself with black powder, they look too thick/harsh. Any recommendations on what dark powders I can use and a good brush for it? Thanks.

lylysa

Re: EYEBROWS FOR DARK HAIR

(0) Hearts

My brows are black and naturally pretty thick, but I still use Benefit's Brow Zings in Dark to just give them a cleaner, defined look once my full face of make up is complete.

The powder is a good neutral brown, so it's not ashen or too red and the wax is tinted, giving more stick/staying power for the powder to adhere in place.

I always end up getting complimented on my brows when I'm out and about.

SweetFirefly

(0) Hearts

Awesome beauty guru Jen (from "From Head To Toe") has black hair and uses the Lioele Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Gray Black on her brows in her tutorial. The before/after shows the whole effect of grooming her brows but she does use the pencil. swfupload_713709521468215412.jpg

It looks nice because it deposits a soft amount of color that you can build up instead of something crazy. I'm ordering the pencil in dark brown soon from prettyandcute.com.

SweetFirefly

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You can find the tutorial at Jen's youtube page. She's frmheadtotoe. The pencil comes in at about the ten minute mark.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Besides the powder I just wanted to give you the option of looking at The Dior Brow pencil it's honestly the easiest pencil I have ever used and looks great. Hope this helps!

arielaaaaaaaa

Anastasia brow powders are wonderful. They last so long cause they are so pigmented. I don't find it wears off by the end of the day, my brows always look like they were just done. anastasai.jpg

This is the darkest one she has. They go on alot darker than they look. This is good alternative to a full on black.

arielaaaaaaaa

And anastasia has a brush for these powders. 

s765776-main-hero.jpg

It has the little spooley at the end, i love when brow brushes have that! Helps put those brows in shape.

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

The spool part is really amazing at softening whatever color you're using if you think it's too dark. 

I also have black hair and sometimes prefer colors meant for blondes instead of brunettes if I want a more subtle look.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • lorenabee
    • SweetFirefly