placaminero

Does your eyeliner smudge onto your contacts?

[ Edited ]

I've gotten to the point where I hardly wear eyeliner anymore, because it seems to just keep smudging onto my contacts. Which, in turn, blinds me, for all intents and purposes. It's gotten quite frustrating and I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I primarily use UD's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, but I've tried other pencils and have had the same problem. It's hit or miss, doesn't happen every single time.. But too often to be a fluke. I'm not an eye-rubber at all (due to a debilitating fear of eyeball germies), so that's not the problem. Sometimes it'll happen minutes after I apply liner and sometimes it'll happen after a few hours.

I'm not a fan of liquid or gel liners, but if that's what it takes, I might consider making the switch. But I'm afraid to invest in new eyeliner products, only to suffer the same fate.

placaminero

Re: Does your eyeliner smudge onto your contacts?

Yes, I do tight line both upper and lower. I also don't extend the line all the way to my tear duct, just smudge it a slight bit inwards, but even then, I don't take it very far in. Like I said, I'm eyeball germy-phobic and I imagine a horrific clog scenario where spiders start nesting in my blocked tear ducts.

lylysa

Re: Does your eyeliner smudge onto your contacts?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Though I know you want to stick with pencils, gels dry a bit quicker so it won't rub off onto your eye like a creamy pencil.

I believe Tarte has a pencil that's super slim and made for the inner rims in particular.

It applies real easily but isn't as thick as say creamy pencils or formulas.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • MysticalAngel
    • dollface131313
    • ivyxox