Nansui

Does anyone know of a good palette with matte brown and black?

I was thinking of the smoked urban decay palette, but theres a lot of colors I probably wont use. Some shimmers are fine. :smileysad:

xoxcrystal

Re: Does anyone know of a good palette with matte brown and black?

(0) Hearts

naked basics ftw. and naked basics 2 is coming out soon!

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

I love the Naked Basics, along with many of the other posts. :smileyhappy:

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Check out Kevin Aucoin's Essential Eye Shadow Set. It is entirely matte, and has a good black and a medium brown, alongside natural bone/honey shades.

gmoss90

Stilla In The Light pallet is a good one also.  Its got your black,browns, bluish/grey, the famous "kitten" pink color, and other neutrals.  It's a very beautiful pallet!

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

The Smoked Palette is so beautiful.  It's one of my all time favorites.   Adding a little of the blue or green (or even purple) to the outer corner of my eyes looks better on me than doing all browns or neutrals.  Don't know your eye color (mine is blue) but if you're considering that palette it's gorgeous.

Also one to consider is the new UD Pulp Fiction palette.  It has a matte bone and light brown, the darker brown and black have a very soft barely there shimmer and it has a slightly shimmery white.  Great neutral palette as it isn't quite as flat as an all matte one.  And I love mattes by the way.

Video has swatches.

IAmLadyLiterary

Naked Basics is amazing!  I didn't think I would need it or use it, but since I bought it I reach for it almost every day.  I use it with a lot of my other palettes (i.e. Electric) or even other nude palettes because it has the colours for the perfect crease for me.

annypoo

Try the lorac pro or the naked basics. They both have matte brown and black. I personally like the lorac pro because you get 8 mattes and 8 shimmer. It's a great variety for a neutrals palette and the shadows are buttery soft. They no longer carry it at sephora so you'll have to go to ulta, kohls, or the lorac website (free shipping)

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Thebalm meet matt(e)!

ashleyynicolee

Lorac Pro! It has eight matte colors and eight shimmer colors. It is very versatile and there are enough colors to constantly have a new look. It has the basic colors as well, like the matte brown and black along with great transition shades and highlight shades. 

skynkay

Try naked basics ....... Also I'm not a huge shimmer fan but I think if u gave the naked 2 a try you'd love it !!!

jozkid

Thirded!  Naked Basics isn't the most gorgeous palette you've ever laid eyes on, but it is a total workhorse. All colors are usable and are appropriate for daily use. They can also be applied for a smoky eye look as well. When I don't have time to be all creative, this is the palette I reach for. A great addition to any collection.

armybeauty

I second Naked Basics. It's only $29, and you get six shadows to work with, 5 matte and 1 demi-matte. http://www.sephora.com/naked-basics-palette-P376213

The Naked Basics was my first palette from Urban Decay and my first experience with their shadows. (I now have most of their available individual shadows, and all of the Naked palettes... And I don't know if I could pick a favorite!)

Ok, focusing now: Naked 2 is great if you're looking for a few more shimmer options, but it doesn't have a true matte brown.

http://www.sephora.com/naked2-P302916?icid2=Urban_Decay_Bestsellers_Carousel_P302916_image

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

You can create your own duo or quad with MAC eye shadows. There's a lot of browns to choose from and only one black.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Looks like Stila has something for your requirements..seems to be only on Stila's direct site right now

Stay All Day 3D Wet-to-Set Eye Shadow Trio

Just relooked it may have a slight shimmer, but it's just 3 colors, rather than a whole typical eyeshadow palette.

Urban Decay Pulp fiction is matte, just basic colors or one of their own pans to add eyeshadow pots to.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • ivyxox
    • xoxcrystal
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • jozkid
    • annypoo
    • meganlisa