Koofa

Does anyone have or know of any step-by-step picture eyeshadow tutorials?

I'm still learning how to apply (with my hooded/droopy eyelids, ugh) and I've found the ones with step-by-step photos help the best - better than YouTube vids & whatnot. Does anyone have any they've done themselves or know of any sites that have some good photo ones? Any tips for a girl with hooded/droopy/too-much-skin eyelids?

bad823

Re: Does anyone have or know of any step-by-step picture eyeshadow tutorials?

(0) Hearts

Update: I just got back from Sephora.  I asked for advice for applying shadow to my droopy eye--they told me not to wear eye shadow(!) Boy was I disappointed in this answer.  

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Whaaat? Don't wear eyeshadow? What kind of "advice" is that? That makes me mad! There's a way. You just have to find someone who has the experience and skill (which obvi that SA didn't) to help you work with what you've got. It took me YEARS. I'm almost 30 and I'm just now figuring it out, and guess what.. no one gave me the right advice or technique. I didn't realize my eyes were "different" until I started hawking YouTube like a maniac, determined to figure out why I couldn't do it and what was different about my eyes. There are tutorials on there for droopy eyelids.. I've watched a few. Where there's a will, there's a way. You can find a professional who has more experience and has dealt a variety of clients if you're unable to figure it out on your own. DO NOT give up! The person that told you that unfortunately just lacks the skill.

JenBlush

Honestly, don't take their advice to not wear any eyeshadow. the good thing about makeup is that you can make it look however you want. It can maybe even help! I am not sure what you mean by a droopy eye, but i am sure eyeliner will help for sure! because lining you upper and lower lash lines gives you shape and you can change the shape of your eyes depending on how you do them! :smileyhappy:

bad823

(0) Hearts

Ugh what about me, I have 1 droopy eye, my left eye always looks different than my right eye. I have to stop in Sephora anyway today, I'm going to ask the SA for help if they're not too busy.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Ugh I know the feeling. Still working on it too. I have the too much skin problem too! It's not just that they're hooded its the droopy skin (and for me, a lot of space between eye and eyebrow) that makes it difficult. Generally you blend a "crease" above the crease, but I'm still having a hard time getting that to look neat, if you will. Emphasizing lashes are important for those of us with hooded eyes, though!

annonymous1

d8933a13eaac804cdc676e97b130fde8.jpg

i get ALL of mine off pintrest, there really good. 

IttyxBittyxMe

It's a process. I have hooded eyes as well, not majorly so but enough to be annoying, and the way I have to apply makeup is completely different then what I see in videos. The lid process is the same, but its the crease part that's a bit difficult. I use MACs angle blended brush, I'll get the name later, to do my crease colors as it gets into where my eyelid fold/droops at so the color is at least there but the color is still being applied where it is easily seen. I know it probably makes no sense explained at all. @_@ Maybe I'll make a pictorial later to help.

image.jpg

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Thank you, I'll try to find that brush.. maybe a different crease brush would help too. I feel like I've been buying brushes like crazy lately and just want to find ones that work for me. & I get what you're saying, I just recently learned that I can't apply it at my actual "crease" because you can't see it at all! Made a huge difference, but I'm still struggling a bit with it all.

IttyxBittyxMe

It's the MAC 275 medium angled brush. Edited.jpgI don't know if you can really see my crease in this picture, but my crease color is on the outer edge of my eye. This brush helps me sweep it in because it's a non fluffy brush but also be a bit more precise. 

M87W.jpg

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Annd I just watched a youtube vid about this brush and it's amazing. Does just about everything! Definitely going to get.

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Wow, that look is beautiful on you! Thank you SO much for this info., I'll def. check this out (& more than likely end up getting one). :smileyhappy:

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Ooooh pretty I love this color!

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

I did one myself its on tumblr, i also have deep set eyes if that is what you are talking about! but if you google "picture makeup tutorials" a lot of pictures come out. 

But some tips for myself, is i try not to put dark colors on the lids, because are eyes look so small as it is. 

Here are some pictures of deep set/hooded eyes

upload_858211870846488856.jpgupload_5647962496670459249.jpg

Another thing i do is look for celebrities that have the same kind of features as i do since they always have makeup on. here are some

upload_5670773970939680850.jpg

upload_606805954055884901.jpg

upload_8069313167115622131.jpg

Koofa

This helps out a ton! I LOVE the colors on the 2nd one. & yes.. they're just like Blake & Taylor's. You can barely see my lid at all. Thank you so much!

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

No problem! I know you don't like Youtube tutorials, but maybe if you find someone that has your same eyes, it may help!

Kayleigh Noelle (youtube) also has deep set eyes! Just like taylor and Blake! So that may also help you!

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Check out goss makeupartist on YouTube. He's awesome and he has done at least one tutorial about hooded eyes. And another tutorial on how to figure out your eye shape. And just... lots of good tutorials.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

oops - just noticed the no YouTube thing. Give it a try anyway? It could help. :smileyhappy:

Koofa

(0) Hearts

Haha, no worries! Thank you!

missey1973

I know this may sound old fashioned by you can go to your local library and check out some books. There are some great ones out there with step by step pictures. Bobbi Brown, Seventeen Magazine and even Sephora has published some books.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • annonymous1
    • Koofa
    • JenBlush
    • gingerblack
    • carolang
    • Kiki1517