sp2001

Do your eyelids itch?

I have tried different primers, eyeshadows, even not wearing eyeshadows at all, but I still find my eyelids itch, not a lot just to the point where I find myself scratching without realizing it. Am I alone in this?

poshified

Re: Do your eyelids itch?

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D's eyeshadows make my eyes itch like crazy; I think it's because of the extract she puts in them.

I also can't do MAC (and thus, Estee Lauder) purplish-red shadows, because of the dye. They don't make my eyes itch. They make my eyes swell.

stephyd216

It sounds like you're allergic to something. I've had this problem with some eyeliners in the past and some eyeshadows long ago. Go without for a few days and see if it goes away- then you would know if its allergic reaction vs dry skin.

Nicrohr

happens to me, too -- I am allergic to red pigments in eye products (even in colors like purple that you may not realize have red in them).  this is fairly common.

If I put something on that I am allergic to, the reaction sometimes lasts (itchy eyelids, red, even dry and flaking) for MONTHS after that.  So I have learned to be super careful!

I found diligent application of hypoallergenic rich eye cream 2-3x daily, PLUS application of a non-puffing gel did the trick for me.  It took weeks, but finally all better.

I use Kiehl's Eye Alert  Gel in the blue tube (not the depuff stick I hate that), and I also use Kiehl's Rosa Arctica heavy cream on my eyes.  That second one is not technically eye cream but it's the heaviest hypo-allergenic moisturizer that works for me, so I use it on my lids and find it non-irritating (fragrance free, etc.).

mafan

Do you use an eye cream at all?  It might just be the weather changes if you're in a colder climate. 

Last year I started having terribly itchy, flaky skin on my eyelids.  I don't know what started it.  I started using Clinique's All About Eyes because it can go on eyelids, too.  I was using it about 4 times a day because my eyes were so itchy and sore, but they cleared up.  Thankfully it hasn't started happening again (and I still think it's a nice eye cream).

mychoi

Some products have silicone that doesn't work for some people. Could be under the name dimethicone.  Thats only one of many many ingredients of makeup though :/

CaitlinBrunson

It sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to something. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • stephyd216
    • poshified
    • mafan
    • Nicrohr
    • mychoi
    • sp2001