sephoralovex

Do you prefer eyebrow powder or pencil?

I want to know what are your favorite eyebrow products if you fill in your brows! Do you prefer powder or pencil? What's your routine?

I personally now prefer pencil only because it's quicker. I usually fill them in with a eyebrow pencil, then use a spooly to blend it out and make it look more natural, then conceal around my eyebrows to make it nice, and lastly use a clear brow gel to finish it off for the long day ahead! 

Do you have any HG eyebrow products??

sls35

Re: Do you prefer eyebrow powder or pencil?

(0) Hearts

I definitely use powder, I naturally have thick coarse eyebrows. So when I tried pencil it just looked way too dramatic. So I use a brownish eyeshadow and then apply Anastasia brow gel. Which I absolutely love!

chelle478

(0) Hearts

My favorite eyebrow product is not made for brows. It's a root cover powder called ColorWow that I apply with Benefit's brow brush then run a spoolie through to soften. I love it because it stays all day without the need for brow gel. I originally got it from QVC, but Ulta also carries it.

Twiggie

(0) Hearts

I have light, ash-blonde brows that are naturally on the thin-side to boot - although i have a nice natural arch so it isn't all grim :smileyhappy:.

Right now i'm using the Chanel brow pencil in Blonde Clair.  I like it quite a bit as it fills them in and is not at all reddish (a problem with most "blonde" brow pencils, i've noticed).  It comes with a spoolie on the end which is nice.

Another good one is Laura Mercier in blonde taupe, i believe?  

Regardless, they're still all a tad too dark but i don't mind that generally, as i like the contrast between my brows and super-light hair.  

rikkie

I love the Urban Decay brow box, but the lightest color is still a bit dark for me so it is going to last me forever with the amount I use. When I decide to have bright colored hair (red, green, pink, whatever) I bleach my eyebrows and color them in with lipliner or eyeliner matching my hair color. Then the brow box is invaluable when they are growing back in a normal color!!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Pencil pencil.  I love Clinique's Ultrafine Pencil, but I just got an Anastasia pencil.

Titian06

I don't have eyebrows, so I use an eyebrow pencil to lightly line/shape where I want my eyebrows.  Then I put a light layer of Anastasia Brow Powder Duo on the eyebrow pencil line.  Next I use the Anastasia Eyebrow Pen (the powder helps the pen cling) followed by more Brow Powder.  My eyebrows have been coming out much more even since I started "drafting" with the pencil first.  I use the Anastasia angled synthetic bristled brush for the powder.

keelybt

I usually do powder because I just need a little fill in and I feel I have better control over how much pigment I get with a powder. I love the Anastasia powder because it has the two shades you can mix to get the perfect shade.

Yesterday the Anastasia trainer was in and she did my brows by doing Brow Fix BEFORE the powder and omg they looked amazing!  I hadn't given that product much thought before because I don't have unruly brows but it makes SUCH a good primer! For normal to dry skin that is,  for normal to oily skin use Brow Gel first.

swfupload_3911399319073566500.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/brow-powder-duo-P69300?skuId=929778

swfupload_5982592412340015376.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/brow-fix-P173317?skuId=975334

swfupload_7225810326207166181.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/brow-gel-P69304?skuId=1012855

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I use both! I find that powder on its own doesn't give me that really defined look without lining my arches first with a pencil. I actually just recently (this week) changed my brow routine up a bit.

I line my lower and upper brows using Anastasia's Brow Wiz pencil, then carefully fill them in a bit using the Perfect Brow Pencil. I top it off with a bit of the Brow Powder Duo to finalize everything, then run a spooley brush through my arches to give everything a more natural look.

swfupload_4229113615900365333.jpg

swfupload_1729201108458577734.jpg

swfupload_8505444029072992108.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
annonymous1

(0) Hearts

I use Brow zings to shape the bottom and add length but i use a mac brow pencil to add a sharper line to the top, and make the arch more intense, then i use brow gel to keep it from fading through out the day

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I prefer brow powder just because I feel I can get more range in terms of application depending on what tool I use and how I use that tool. Different brushes give different looks and depending on how the brush is angled or pressed against the brow along with pressure can change the completed look.

I'm a fan of Smashbox's Brow Tech duo powders and wax along with Benefit's Brow Zings kits. My go to brow brush is Smashbox's angled brow, the hairs are coarser and sturdier and don't give under pressure.

carrierose

(0) Hearts

I do need to get myself a pencil for days when I am in a rush, but right now I use and love MUFE Aqua Brow applied with an angled brush.  I am #15-blonde.

http://www.sephora.com/aqua-brow-P375462

swfupload_8933234612643783385.jpg

ezinabee

I use the prestige cosmetics eyebrow pencil that I got at ulta. I have very light ash blonde brows and most other products make my eyebrows too reddish, and really unnatural. Plus, this was like $5.

lolo01

(0) Hearts

yee it sure does :smileywink:

DTalksAll

I used to love powder, I felt like I had more control over the shade & amount going on. Recently I got the tarte mousse & it's perfect for me. So now, no powder or pencil :smileywink: I tried the universal Dior pencil that everyone raves about, but it made my full brows look too bold for my face. 

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-waterproof-brow-mousse-P376023?skuId=1461086

swfupload_5521486985784665395.jpg

lolo01

yes this is the one I was talking about I really like it :smileyhappy:

kenny

Yay! I do love this brow mousse. It comes with a brush which is nice and even though the pot looks tiny, it lasts a very long time since you don't need much

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

im totally gonna get this!!! :smileyhappy: 

miabt

Ohh, I've been eyeing the Tarte Mousse for awhile & really want to try it out :smileyhappy:  I'm currently using my UD Brow Box & it is really lasting!  I've had it for over a year & a half (every single day!) and I've barely hit pan on the lighter shade.  I love it <3

Urban Decay - Brow Box

I also picked up the Diorshow Brow Styler, but have yet to really give it a chance since I have my brow box handy & I'm so used to it.  I hear amazing things about it, so I cant wait to put it to good use

Dior - Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil

xo, Mia

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Mia be careful with the dior! If you have full or dark brows it makes them REALLY bold. I looked like a clown even with a full face of makeup (and I applied with the lightest of hands). I also have the Urban Decay brow box, but the shades are off a bit. I have to do a lot more mixing than I do with the Anastasia powders. I like to keep it in my travel bag since it has the wax built in.

But the Tarte mousse! OMGeee!!!! Life changer for me. 

kenny

I prefer pencils for myself since I have pretty light sparse brows and dark hair. Although I right now I love Tarte's Brow Mousse, since I like a darker bolder brow this works great, it's very longlasting and easy to blend with a spooly. Although the brow mousse is better for those who like bolder darker brows, and will likely be intimidating or too much for some.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 46 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sls35
    • sephoralovex
    • midniterae