bad823

Disposable mascara wands?

Anyone ever try disposable mascara wands if you don't like the brush that comes with the mascara or for combing out clumps? Just wondering if they work or another useless gadget.  I'm always tempted to pick them up at Sally's. Thanks! 

bad823

Re: Disposable mascara wands?

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone! I'm going to give them a whirl!

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

Yes, I use both straight & curved shaped disposable wands.
I find that they're pro-kit & personal disposable must-have.

lucyshnoosy

I never thought of using these, but there are some good ideas in this thread.  Thanks, folks.  :-)

m3rma1d

I've got some I nabbed from the Dior counter at Macy's (don't call the cops, I asked first lol)

I love using them to comb thru right after putting on my mascara.

I don't toss them out tho, I just wash them like the rest of my makeup brushes.

floridab

I love disposable mascara wands.  They have so many uses.  To use instead of the wand that comes in the mascara, to get rid of clumps, after a mascara boo boo on your lid or under your eye (let the mascara dry for a minute and use the clean wand to gently flick off the dried mascara boo boo).  I also spray a bit of hairspray on a clean wand and use it to tame little flyaway hairs after you style your hair.  Lots of uses for these little wands and they wash up and are reusable.

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

You can also use the hairspray trick for your brows if you're out of brow gel! I had to do this and it actually works :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

i love disposable wands for getting rid of excess mascara on the lashes instead of getting out clumps. I use a lash comb for that. 

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

I love my disposable mascara wands. I have a pack of ten and I use one everyday. This pack of ten is still going strong after 2 years! I wash the used wand after I use it ( I use anti bac soap) & let it air dry. I just use them to smooth out clumps ( prep lashes for second or third coat of mascara). sometimes I use the mascara that deposits onto the wand to darken my lower lashes - I did this in my most recent tutorial on YouTube ' My go-to spring eye look tutorial' ( thekristenkchannel).  I think they're worth the money. I also keep one in my makeup bag that I have in my purse.  Side note- I have long, straight lashes that clump easily. If you don't have an issue with clumping you could probably skip buying these wands

bad823

(0) Hearts

I found your channel & subscribed! Looking forward to your videos!!

DiVWA

I use a toothpick for grabbing the clumps. I push the toothpick up against a folded facial tissue, so that any clumps go onto the tissue. Been doing this for years--is super fast. Toothpick can be reused.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • roxystar4
    • floridab
    • lucyshnoosy
    • bad823
    • mpolansky
    • beauty4ashes