BeautyJunkie325

Dipbrow Color

I've been eyeing Anastasia's Dip Brow Pomade.  Now I'm trying to figure out what color to get. I just dyed my hair back to it's natural dark espresso brown (however with some amazing dark red chunks). My brows are naturally a really dark brown borderline black. Should I go with Chocolate or Ebony?  Also for those of you who use Dipbrow, do you use a pencil to define the shape, then use the Dipbrow or do something else? 

SydBristow

Re: Dipbrow Color

Okay....got my Dipbrow yesterday in chocolate. Was worried it would be too dark, I have medium to dark hair with warmish tones and some lighter highlights. My eyebrows are black but are thinned out so they are not super dark or anything.

I am new to the brow product world. :smileyhappy: But I watched a lot of videos this morning and decided to give it a go. First try, I ignored one YouTuber's precaution that "less is more" and OMG, too dark!! Awful. Used makeup remover and started over. With a very light hand. Much better! And I can see why people love it, I have no clue what I'm doing and I was able to accomplish improving my brows the first try. I am very happy with the product and look forward to using it. 

When used lightly, chocolate is a medium to dark brown, but the thicker it is it gets dark. I am lucky that I got a brush set that included one just like the one recommended, if I didn't I would get it in a heartbeat because it makes it so easy to apply. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps anyone who also ordered chocolate and was worried about the color. :smileyhappy:

jenpred

(0) Hearts

Awww man, I think ordered the wrong shade! I was deciding between the Chocolate and the Dark Brown. For reference, I have dark brown hair and dark brown (almost black, but not really) eyebrows. I have a light olive complexion (I'm pretty fair when it comes to olive complexions).

I ordered the Chocolate. Now I think I should've gone with Dark Brown :smileysad:!! Please talk me off the dipbrow ledge!

lynne15

(0) Hearts

Hi I have medium brown to dark brown hair what colour of dip row would you recommend for me? Thanks

SJenkins

(0) Hearts

just wondering if anyone can help me decide on a colour, I have dyed blonde hair, with darker blonde highlights and a few brown pieces here and there. My highlights are really blonde but my eyebrows are naturally brown, they're not too dark so a lighter brown but still not that blonde.. I was thinking blonde might be a bit too light, suggestions ? 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

You're still probably going to want the blonde - chocolate is pretty dark (and warm) for someone with blonde hair unless you're going for the intentional dark-brow look. These blend with your natural hair color a bit and so the blonde is going to darken up a bit if your brows are naturally brown. I really think they're missing a shade between blonde and chocolate - something in that medium-brown-taupe-y range. 

ladymeag

I have black-brown hair and use Ebony. Chocolate will likely be too warm for you if your brows lean black. 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Uh oh...that's what I ordered.  :smileysad: 

SydBristow

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My hair is a medium to dark warmish brown with some red and blondish highlights.  My brows are black, I thin them so they aren't quite so stark but I know I wouldn't want to go with ebony. 

BeautyJunkie325

I ordered chocolate as well and it was fairly dark on me (I need to use a lighter application).  I think ebony would have been too dark for me and my brows are almost black. My hair color is a deep rich espresso brown with chunky red highlights.  

lb1414

(0) Hearts

From the reviews I've read Chocolate is pretty cool toned. It isn't as cool as Ebony, but it's definitely cooler than Dark Brown. 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Wait....so if makeup artists say go a shade lighter than your hair color, do they mean your hair on your head hair? Or eyebrow hair? 

Also, does this product come with instructions? I ordered it and am going to need all the help I can get! :smileyhappy:

itsjaimiehere

The best advice I can give is BARELY tap your brush in it... When I say a little goes a long way I mean it :smileyhappy:

Or else you will look crazy like I did and have to remove all of your makeup to fix it :smileysad:

ladymeag

It doesn't come with instructions - I think they kind of assume that you're ordering based on having other products. If you Google for "Anastasia Brow Golden Ratio" you'll get the general idea of how the shaping should work. Anastasia makes stencils that are great if you need an guide on how and where to shape/place your brows. 

I hope you love it - I think it's the most natural looking brow product I own (and I have tried pretty much the entire Anastasia line, Benefit's brow products, Urban Decay's brow products, Too Faced's brow box, and so many more.) 

melde

(0) Hearts

Every photo I see looks so lovely. I'm sad they don't have a color for blondes. :smileysad:

mpolansky

They do, I own it! Unfortunately for whatever reason Sephora doesn't sell it, I have no idea why. But you can buy it from the ABH website or Ulta!

melde

(0) Hearts

Oh, good to know! Thanks!

Bummer that Ulta's shipping is so dismal. :smileysad:

SydBristow

I wanted to thank the INCREDIBLE ladies here at BT for pointing me in the direction of Dipbrow in the chocolate color, I just ordered it.

My brows have been awful all of my life, they used to be incredibly thick and it's only been the past few years that I've thinned them out and I'm much happier with how it helps my eyes look.  (Brows were overpowering before.)

But I've always done them myself and I know I haven't done that well.  I printed out some info plus a pic of me with lines following Anastasia's "Golden Rule" to help guide me, I see where I can fine tune a bit.  PLUS I have Dipbrow on the way which I think will help too!

I hope over time I can perfect my eyebrows, but I couldn't have even gotten started without the input I've received here on BT - THANK YOU!!  :smileyvery-happy:

BeautyJunkie325

my goal is to one day have brows half as amazing as Kiki1517. :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen a picture Kiki's brows, now I want to!!  :smileyvery-happy:

I can't believe how amazing some people's brows look, mine are embarrassing! 

Jandi

(0) Hearts

I use the Dipbrow to define my shape. The only other product I use with it is a bit of clear gel.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • lb1414
    • dianabt
    • ladymeag
    • veronika23
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • jenpred