BeautyJunkie325

Dipbrow Color

I've been eyeing Anastasia's Dip Brow Pomade.  Now I'm trying to figure out what color to get. I just dyed my hair back to it's natural dark espresso brown (however with some amazing dark red chunks). My brows are naturally a really dark brown borderline black. Should I go with Chocolate or Ebony?  Also for those of you who use Dipbrow, do you use a pencil to define the shape, then use the Dipbrow or do something else? 

veronika23

Re: Dipbrow Color

I'm also looking for my color. lol.  I have dark brown hair :smileywink:

So figure ebony is probably too dark... Maybe dark brown or chocolate?

lb1414

I have dark brown hair and almost black brows and I got Chocolate. I find it to be a great color for me, and it compliments by brows wonderfully!

veronika23

Thanks!  It's hard to tell on pictures :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

Now I'm looking for my color as I've seen how awesome the results are.  :smileyhappy:  Medium to dark brown hair with some auburn in it, my eyebrow hairs look very dark though, almost black. Should I go for auburn?  I'm really not sure...

lb1414

My brows are almost black and I got Chocolate. I say go for Chocolate!

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

BeautyJunkie325

Yeah my Dipbrow came today. I think I'll have to test it out later this afternoon. :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Anyone know how this compares to tarte's product?  I'm still trying to achieve the perfect eyebrow...without taking more than 5 minutes  It doesn't help that I'm a little OCD and need them to be juuuuust right

Kiki1517

I also think Chocolate is probably the best color. I bought it in ebony but my hair is brown-black. I don't use a pencil, only the Dipbrow with a MAC 266. I first define underneath from inner corner to tail and then blend out and set with the clear brow gel.

BeautyJunkie325

I just added the Dipbrow and brow gel to my basket. I'm super excited to try it. 

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

Thanks all!  Chocolate it is. :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Hi BeautyJunkie325, 

I HIGHLY suggest you go with chocolate- the dipbrows look a bit intense and pigmented and while I am sure they can be blended out its better to go with a lighter brow shade than an ultra dark one. Sometimes the darker shade can add years to the face and we definitely dont want that! The lighter coloring will also complement your skin better and will look less made up and intense. :smileyhappy:

upload_476637953200287043.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Loretta55

I have almost brunette eyebrows with too many white hairs that I will get dyed next week weather permitting. I originally ordered the dark brown and it was too dark . I just received an order with the auburn Dipbrow. Maybe you should order the lighter color choice.

itsjaimiehere

I would go with the Chocolate... Most makeup artists suggest that you go a shade lighter than your hair color :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • lb1414
    • dianabt
    • ladymeag
    • veronika23
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • jenpred