nishcakes

Decisions: Sleek iDivine Palettes or BH Cosmetics Matte Palette?

(0) Hearts

I plan to buy some inexpensive eyeshadow palettes soon. I don't wear eyeshadow everyday. I'm more of an eyeliner girl. So I'm looking for inexpensive palettes with intense pigmentation. I really want to try out some mattes. So far I've narrowed it down to Sleek iDivine palettes and BH Cosmetics 88 Matte Palette. I've been torn between the two companies for more than a week. I figured you ladies would be able to help me decide.

nishcakes

Re: Decisions: Sleek iDivine Palettes or BH Cosmetics Matte Palette?

(0) Hearts

So it looks like I'm getting both. Lol!

MsStacey1990

I have several bhcosmetics palettes, and they all work well.. just need a base to make the colors pop. But im happy with them haha. . im actually gonna order from sleek soon, first time ordering from there. :smileyhappy: 

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Which BH palettes do you have? Which one is your favorite?

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Since they are so inexpensive, I might give them a try and use a good base like you said.

MsStacey1990

usually when i use bhcosmetics, i add my primer, then i add NYX jumbo pencil in milk as a good sticky base, so you get the true color of the shadows :smileyhappy: . I think its worth the price :smileyvery-happy: if you do buy them both..show some pics :smileywink:

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Will do.

DiVWA

[ Edited ]

Great topic!

I went through similar process recently, switching from cream eyeshadow to powder. I looked into all sorts of matte choices, including The Balm, iDivine, Makeup Geek, and some drugstore brands. I'm still researching but I eliminated the BH one from consideration. The top review on the BH site is a makeup artist and she says almost half the shades are shimmery. Reviews on other sites said they were weakly pigmented. I realize that results can differ for some people, so sometimes I buy the item anyway. I did order the iDivine one, although I did it through Amazon since on the iDivine website, they don't sell eyeshadow palettes to USA (apparently something about the FDA). The risk with that palette is getting it damaged (it's apparently put into flimsy packaging to save overseas shipping costs). I haven't received the iDivine one yet.

They're both relatively inexpensive so if you still can't decide after getting more input, well, you could maybe buy both. :smileyhappy:

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

On the SleekMakeup website, it looks like there's no problem shipping the iDivine palette to the US.

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

@DiVWA, thanks so much for your input! Please tell me what you think when your palette arrives (Maybe even a swatchy swatch for me). From your research so far, ultimately what have you gone with?

DiVWA

The no-ship-to-USA thing shows up in a weird spot on the Sleek Makeup website -- under the Ingredients tab for that palette.

I will try to remember to let you know. I do find that I'm pickier than some other people. For example, many people seem to like The Balm. In this brand, I ordered the Nude palette, the Meet Matt(e), and one of the Shady Lady ones and hated all of them. The matte ones were weakly pigmented and just boring/muddy to me. The Nude palette and Shady Lady one was full of shimmers that were just too shimmery. I ordered all but the Shady Lady one from Kohl's so was able to return those, fortunately.

I recently ordered the Lorac Pro to Go Eye/Cheek Palette, thinking that if I liked that little one (has 4 shadows) then I would get the larger palette. I didn't like the eyeshadows at all--they were too shimmery and made my eyes look wrinkly and crepey. (I think the one matte in that little palette was either chalky, weakly pigmented, or just too common of a color (I don't recall).)  So I'm not going to order the larger palette in this brand.

I tried one from NYX (drugstore) yesterday and they were a bust--although they were matte, they were way too weakly pigmented.

I also tried Urban Decay Naked (all of them, including Basic Nude or whatever it's called), just too much shimmer or glitter IMHO.

FWIW, I like shimmer if I'm using it with matte colors--it looks great in inner corner of eye, or as a spot of color right smack in the middle of the eyelid. But too many makeup companies put all shimmer/glitter in their palettes and eyeshadows. I can get away with wearing some shimmer shades on eyelid if they aren't too glittery and I have good matte shadows in the crease on on outer part of eyelid.

So far, the ones I've liked [except as noted] -- there were several shimmer shades in the MUG, one of the Chanel palettes but these are fairly subtle:

• Kat Von D Ladybird True Romance Eyeshadow Palette (love this--thinking of getting one as backup in case it gets discontinued).
  • Makeup Geek  (MUG) pan shadows: Brown Sugar; Chickadee; Cocoa Bear; Corrupt; Country Girl [hated this]; Dirty Martini [hated this]; Envy; Frappe; Galaxy; Hipster; Homecoming; Latte; Moondust; Ocean Breeze; Peach Smoothie; Preppy; Purely Naked; Shimma Shimma; Stealth; Taupe Notch; Unexpected; Vanilla Bean; Beaches and Cream; Last Dance; Pretentious.
  • Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow – Luster Matte- colors: Safari; Malted Milkshake; Night Owl; Berry Crush; Desert Rose; Truffle
  • CHANEL LES 4 OMBRES QUADRA EYESHADOW: Dunes, Mystic Eyes [but is a bit weaker in pigmentation]
  • Several Wet 'n Wild ColorIcon Trio palettes: Cool As A Cucumber [except the hideous browbone color]; Silent Treatment; Knock On Wood.

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

What do you think of Stila In the Know Palette?

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Oh wow! I found the fine print on the Sleek site like you said. I think I have the same taste in shadows as you. I dislike the same ones you do. I also wanted to try Ladybird. Now that you said you like it, I'll give it a try. I have the WnW ones you mentioned and I like them. Can you PM me who you purchased iDivine from on Amazon?

DiVWA

Just PM'd you. Also told you about one company I forgot to mention (haven't tried them yet, but plan to).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • nishcakes
    • MsStacey1990
    • DiVWA