pinktorridora

Coming Soon: UD Perversion Mascara

Was just browsing Refinery29 and came across this new mascara from Urban Decay, inspired by its ultra black Perversion liners.

The article says they spent a long time getting the formula right - not too wet and not to dry. It claims to be clump free, and the wand has bristles that are arranged in a spiral pattern to assure lashes are separated.

UD's website has it listed as being released on July 13th. Wonder if Sephora will be getting this (and releasing it early to Rouge's!?)...image.jpg

aviscardi

Re: Coming Soon: UD Perversion Mascara

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Has anyone tried this in both the travel sz and full sz? i generally don't like travel sz mascaras because i feel like the formula is not the same, usually drier and harder to use. However, I got a sample of the perversion mascara and really liked it. I had previously been using benefit they're real for a few years and am in need of a new mascara.

Also i thought for sure i wouldn't like it because the wand looked so big, and i generally prefer plastic wands, but i felt like this made my lashes fluffy, with just enough separation. not sure if thats because the mini is a drier consistency

malday

(0) Hearts

I like this mascara, however like with most "wet" formulas it makes my lashes go straight :smileysad: If they came out with a waterproof version I'd be ecstatic.

MK89

Check your email if you are an Ulta Rewards member! You can get a free sample of the mascara in-store, I just got mine today and can't wait to try it :smileyhappy:

mberteig

I got the email from Ulta, and went and got the free sample over the weekend.  I love it!  It has a great brush and the mascara is defining and lengthening.  I wouldn't say it adds a lot of volume, though.  Overall, it's great!  I'll definitely be getting the full sized product.

lylysa

Ahhh, I forgot to use that coupon/redeem email! Gonna have to make a second trip this week, thanks for the reminder ladies!

armybeauty

image.jpg

I tried mine today with the sample Of the Subversion primer. image.jpg

Went out in the July heat at a fair and here's what it looks like after 3 hours in heat and mild humidity.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgSo far, I'm sold. I think it does lengthens some, and definitely adds volume without clumping. I'm going to try it tomorrow without the primer and see if there's any difference in performance. It gives me more drama and length then my usual recipe of UD's Lush Lash layered over UD's Big Fatty. I also don't typically like a fiber bristle brush; I have always preferred the more silicone-type brushes that give more length and definition, but crave some drama now and then (but clumps are my pet peeve). This brush gave me volume, a good bit of length, and no clumping. :smileyhappy:

armybeauty

Here's what the mascara looks like applied without the Subversion primer. Please excuse the natural brows and the wonky eye looks and lighting shifts. I pretty much only do minimal makeup (bb cream, mascara, light eyeshadow wash) on the weekends and today I was juggling my toddler when trying to take the photos.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgI think the application of the mascara itself was a lot quicker and easier without the primer, and definitely produced smoother, more defined results. I still got a good bit of length, and the just right amount of volume. :smileyhappy:  I'll update later today with its performance through the day. 

RandeeBT

Thanks for sharing this photo, armybeauty! I got the mascara yesterday but I haven't try it yet! I'm still interested in trying the subversion primer as well. :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
armybeauty

Thanks, Randee. I'd definitely give it a go with the primer (it really can't hurt, since it comes with the mascara right now). I don't really use lash primers, so it's not really my preference. It's been about 4 hours, and so far not even the tiniest inkling of transfer or smudging, and I still have the same length, curl, and volume. :smileyhappy:

armybeauty

Here's the mascara after 7+ hours of indoor wear (no primer).

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

DiVWA

Still looks great! TY for the updates and info!

Does this remove okay with eye makeup remover? I use Sephora brand for longwear type makeup.

armybeauty

You're welcome! I'd think your makeup remover would likely do just fine. I was able to remove the mascara fairly easily last night with just a Say Yes to Carrots Nourishing Gentle Cleansing wipes. :smileyhappy: and yes, that is a dealbreaker for me and a mascara if I can't remove it fairly easily with a gentle wipe. Lol. image.jpg

enableme

(0) Hearts

I've received so many emails from UD about this, it's annoyed me to the point where I am completely turned off and not even interested lol

For everyone else, I hope it's as great as they're making it out to be though!! :smileyhappy:

pinktorridora

Omgosh, they are releasing a new lash primer, too! It's called Subversion!! I cannot wait to get my hands on both! Can a Mod please verify if Sephora will be carrying the new primer?

Here are pics of both the mascara and primer, from The Sunday Girl:

image.jpgimage.jpg

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi pinktorridora!

I an going to look into this for you to see if we will be carrying both of these items and if we have a specific availability date yet. I'll be in touch as soon as I have more information! 

Best,
Randee
pinktorridora

Thank you so much, Randee! I would obviously love to hear that Rouge's will get early access! :smileywink:

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi pinktorridora!

The new Urban Decay Perversion Mascara will launch online on July 17th. The Subversion eyelash primer will launch on July 22nd. At this time, it does not look like this will be a VIB Rouge exclusive when it is first released. I hope this helps! :smileyhappy: 

Best,
Randee
pinktorridora

Thank you!

bratknits

(0) Hearts

I just got a sample of this in the mail from UD, going to try it tomorrow.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

How?! From an order?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • malday