Sandy

Colored Eyeliner

Hey Guys,

I always been using black eyeliner and it getting a bit boring. I wanted to try a color eyeliner. I was wondering does the top lid and the waterline has to be the same color. I was thinking about starting out wit either blue or teal colored eyeliner and thinking that black eyeliner would be good to make my small eyes look bigger. I'm scared if i did that it would look a bit weird. What do you guys think? Should I just keep the same color on both lid and waterline?

lylysa

Re: Colored Eyeliner

Placement really ranges on the type of look you're going for, if you want something more subtle and not so loud, pick using a colored liner on either your top or bottom. When I line my bottom with color I don't follow it up with a darker/neutral color (such as black or brown) but when I line my top I do add a thin line of black or dark brown just so the space between my lashes looks more continuous and fluid.

Teal and blue are great shades to start with, using blues actually can help to brighten the look of eyes as it combats against redness in the whites of your eyes.

If you don't want to do something super loud, opt for shades like Urban Decay liquid liner in Siren or Smashbox's Jet Set in Deep Navy.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I agree use all the colors you want and just make them your own that's the fun of makeup making it your own!:smileyhappy:

clarks18

Use all the colors you want!  Black looks great but can get a little boring especially everyday.  Tarte makes great liners.  They have skinny pencils and fatter pencils.  Black liner on both your waterlines tend to make your eyes look smaller.  Use a lighter color to make them look bigger.

Sandy

Thanks ladiess<33 i definately try it. I just purchased Kate Von D. it goes on so smooth and creamyy I love it! Will check out def check out Buxom. I have the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on for the bottom black waterline

rikkie

I always do my waterline in black, no matter what color my top liner is! Sometimes I will tightline the top in black as well and do a bright colored liner above that. Try it out, if you like it, rock it! If you aren't sure, you could take a picture of yourself and look at it again in a couple of days to see how it looks with fresh eyes (then you don't have to show anyone at all if you are really unsure, haha). I think a lot of people are scared to try something they think might be "against the rules" but I find I get the most compliments when I do something crazy just for the fun of it! Play with your look, be confident if you like it. (it is YOU who matters most, it's on your face!) 

marydiva

I second the Buxom "The Insider" reccomendation. It's super fab!! :smileyhappy: 

lolo01

(0) Hearts

Personally I always use Buxom The Insider on my lower waterline and Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Black on my upper inner rim line.  To line my eyes on the outside I do sometimes use diff colors depends on what I'm wearing/ the occasion etc. It really just depends on how you feel about it.. Bottom line I would say no it doesn't have to be the same color :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • lylysa
    • Sandy
    • beautylovingirl
    • clarks18
    • rikkie