FlawlessLolita

Color Mascara

ANyone ever tried color mascara? I want to try it but a little bit afraid...

poemelyric

Re: Color Mascara

I'm afraid to make the jump too.  I saw my friend with electric blue mascara and was like "Oh no"!  LOL!  I was afraid that it might age me as it made her wrinkles more noticable (she was only wearing mascara though... no eyeliner or shadow) but i saw the whole Dior line and I wanted a cheap way to try it before I made the plunge so I bought a couple of Avon one's (they were only $5 on sale) so hopefully I'll be able to give them a try.  If it looks bad on me, it's cheap enough to just walk away instead of spending $30 and not have it work out.

ikandi

Try it in store first to get an idea if you like it.

I recently purchased Dior Addict mascara in It-Purple. I think it looks great with my complexion. It's not really noticeable indoors but you can definitely see the colour outside in the sunlight. I have dark lashes so that's why.

MegEm

I have the Midnight navy mascara from Eyeko and it's great--- blue enough that it looks different from my regular black mascara, but dark enough that it doesn't look like an obvious colored mascara. It's also a great formula for lengthening and volumizing lashes and lasts all day. The regular size if $24, but they also have a duo pack with the black and blue tubes in smaller sizes for $19, which would be a really good way to try them.

http://www.sephora.com/black-magic-mascara-P381174?icid2=Eyeko_Bestsellers_Carousel_P381174_image

http://www.sephora.com/deluxe-mascara-duo-P385265?icid2=Eyeko_Bestsellers_Carousel_P385265_image

HookedOnBeauty2

I recently added a blue mascara to my collection. If you want to try colored mascara I'd suggest getting the Sephora blue mascara in the sale section. It's only $7

heartsmyface

Haha, I remember wearing purple and silver mascaras from Claire's in elementary school.  :smileyhappy:.  I didn't wear anything else.  I must've looked weird.  This was also the same era I wore whiteout as nailpolish.  

I might go for purple nowadays....

AlisG

I agree with everyone who says you can always just wipe it off if you don't like it. I have yet to take the plunge, myself, but I think that it would add a nice little pop of colour (especially on those lazy days when you just put on some eyeliner and run out the door). 

Smokey123

I have a blue and a green. I haven't used the green yet, but I really like the blue. I often use just a dash on the tips of the lashes to add a subtle touch of color. Don't be afraid, like snowshoe said, you can always take it off.  I think that you will like it though. 

lovelykatya

I love colored mascara , my favorite is Chanel  - volume de Chanel in Prune - the purple/burgundy shade, looks soooo amazing with my green eyes. Plus you can see it on its own (without getting up close into the face) and in the sunlight its even better.

snowshoe

If you want to try colored mascara on the cheap, Hard Candy has a great selection.  So does LA Colors

andyhtrieu

I feel like most colored mascaras are so dark that you can't really tell unless you look up close. I think the newer ones might be brighter

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

There's a wide range of colors out there, so it depends if she/he wants to go subtle or dramatic.  Sounds like 

they're a bit nervous and would probably feel more comfortable trying a subtler color first.

Lash primer underneath helps make any color stand out a little more.

snowshoe

[ Edited ]

No need to be afraid:  it washes off, just like the rest of the makeup.

I like using a purple or navy mascara because those colors emphasize brown eyes well. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • poemelyric
    • snowshoe
    • AlisG
    • ikandi
    • heartsmyface