Can anyone reccomend a great cruelty free eye makeup remover?

(0) Hearts

A couple of years ago I bought several bottles of Estee Lauder's eye makeup remover in order to grab up some fantastic GWPs. A short while after Estee announced they reversed their ban on animal testing to enter the China market.  With great tears I had to put Estee on my ban list and tearfully missed them ever since. Fortunately my stock up has lasted me this long, but now I'm dredging the bottom of my last bottle and need a new cruelty free remover. Any suggestions?

Re: Can anyone reccomend a great cruelty free eye makeup remover?

(0) Hearts

I use Embryolisse moisturizer to take off eye makeup and it works well for me. The plus is that is hydrates the skin rather than stripping it. I've use it on regular mascara topped with a waterproofing coat and it slid right off.

(0) Hearts

(0) Hearts

I use the Camomile gentle eye makeup remover from The Body Shop. It takes about two soaked cotton rounds to get all my mascara and eye shadow off with it. And it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. They also have one for waterproof mascara which I have not tried.

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've tried Coconut oil before and it was no better than straight water when removing my mascara. Plus it also caused me to get small pimples along my upper lash line. However I am hearing and reading a lot of great things about Josie Maran.  Will giver he a test. Thanks everyone.

(0) Hearts

The Josie Maran Argan Oil works well to take off my BM shadows.

(0) Hearts

I make my own makeup remover. Just put water and almond oil in a bottle, the ratio is about 10:1. Shake the bottle before use, it works great!

You may consider using good ol' plain coconut oil. Coconut oil is highly emollient and can help break down eye make up in addition to hydrating and conditioning the delicate eye area and even lashes in the process. :smileyhappy:

I agree with @Lylysa, I used to use Coconut oil, And it removes eye makeup great! 

(0) Hearts

Is it good for somewhat oily skin too?

(0) Hearts

Oily skin can actually even benefit further from oil-based cleansing as with natural/botanical based oils you're not focusing on using synthetics to clog and bother pores.

Oil cleansing focuses on the "oil attracts oil" concept to make cleansing easier without stripping skin in a harsh manner.

My cousin has combination skin that gets oily and blemish prone at times and uses coconut oil as her night-time moisturizer as well and hasn't had any issues. 

Thanks! And I can finally reply to people, yay!

I think I have coconut oil at home, I've been looking for something that'll be better at removing eye makeup, than eye makeup remover, for a while now.

(0) Hearts

That's awesome you can respond inline now, Calcutta! 

With any type of make up removing, I always reinforce letting the product actually sit for about 15 or 20 seconds on skin before beginning the removal process, actually let the remover do its job in breaking down the make up before just wiping away or rinsing. :smileyhappy: This way you can ensure the removal is gentle and you're not tugging or being too rough trying to wipe away (especially with long wear/waterproof items).

I generally try to just remove makeup with whatever cleanser I'm using, but I find there is still residue left behind. I will try letting it sit next time.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 10 in conversation