bad823

Brow Wiz-they changed the name, did they change the formula?

[ Edited ]

I love my Brow Wiz & don't want to be without it so I bought a back up. I used it today for the first time & it's nothing like my last one.  I have to press hard to get any color, it doesn't glide on at all. My brows looked terrible today.  I bought it so long ago, I wouldn't even think of returning it, they will never believe I just used it for the first time today. Anyone else have this problem or did I just get a dud??

Any other recs for a thin twist up brow pencil? I'm kind of soured with Anastasia now.

ETA: I meant to say, they changed the color name in my title.  Medium Ash is now Medium Brown.

DiVWA

Re: Brow Wiz-they changed the name, did they change the formula?

(0) Hearts

I just got the Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde, based on Wayne Goss's video in which he uses the Brow Wiz for filling in his brows. It looked super easy when he used it and the pencil seemed soft enough for easy application.

I love the color of the Ash Blonde Brow Wiz, but I find it super hard to use on my brows. It doesn't give much at all. I don't want something too waxy or soft, but this is ridiculously hard.

Yesterday when I used the Brow Wiz, I lost one of my brow hairs. I don't have that many, so can't afford to lose any, especially if it won't be growing back in.

I'm pretty sure I'll be returning this. I hope I can find one in a similar color--without any red. So many brow products have red in them. I have the Tarte mousse in Rich Brown (too dark for me) and that has no red, but from what I read in the reviews, the other two Tarte colors do have red in them. I don't need a gel tint because I already have a product for that.

If anyone knows of a similar pencil to Ash Blonde (or Taupe) Brow Wiz, one that's softer to use and preferably retractable, I'd love to hear about it.

alome

(0) Hearts

I've had the same problem. I've noticed that they can dry out and its hard to get good color payoff. I bought two, and used one right away and it was fantastic, the second was not great once I got to it about two months later. It felt dried out and I had to press really hard to get an color and it ended up pulling out some brow hairs. I'm now in the same boat and am in the market for some new brow products. I've heard great things about Tarte's brow mouse, but that also dries out over time, but you can get a good year out of it before that happens and you will NOT use it up.

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

I don't own the pencil I bought the brown gel instead.  I went into the store today and the only thing on the display was the pencils so I tried swatching a few on them and they weren't smooth AT ALL.  They were hard and I had to really press them onto my skin to get any product to come off the pencil.

I don't know if it's because they were display items but the three I tried all went on the same way.

Are they suppose to be creamy? 

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I just bought a new one recently when I finished the last and haven't noticed a change. It is harder than other pencils but I don't notice any tugging. I use featherlight strokes so maybe you're pushing to hard if it's tugging at your skin. I think the harder consistency is part of what helps the product not to budge. I feel like a soft pencil would just move around after applying.

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Ever since I bought my two recent ones they have been breaking at every touch... But I've been using the brow wiz since last year around august and I buy a new one every 5-6 weeks... (I use it everyday) When I bought mine in Feb of this year I feel it's not holding up as strong anymore... Or maybe I just got two bad ones.

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I just bought one and it's pretty hard. I wish it were softer because the color is perfect. I don't want it too soft though.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I thought brow pencils are supposed to be hard so you can get a really natural brow. If it was super creamy, it would look really obvious that you drew them on. Maybe I'm wrong? 

Titian06

(0) Hearts

When I went to SiJCP a couple of weeks ago, I tested one on the back of my hand and it was hard as a rock.  I thought Brow Whiz had been a soft pencil, especially since everyone raves about it.  Apparently it wasn't just me!  There IS something different.

Biedazzle

(0) Hearts

I have one that I bought about 2 months back. I love it! I've never had one before then though so I can't compare it to an older version. 

I know Casey Holmes says the same thing about it pulling out her brow hairs. She doesn't seem to be as big of a fan of it as everyone else out there. 

heartsmyface

How long ago did they change the formula? I'm wondering if I have an older or newer formula.

bad823

(0) Hearts

I don't know if they did change the formula, that's what I'm wondering. My old pencil was like butter, the new one is  as hard as a rock and actually pulled out a few of my already sparse brows. It's un-usable, don't know what I will do tomorrow.

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

I don't know, I kind of like it. I don't know if the formula changed since I only just started playing around with brow pencils, but I like that I don't get a ton of colour with my first few strokes. Otherwise, guuurl, my eyebrows would be a mess.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • Titian06
    • Kiki1517
    • alome
    • bad823
    • newandaddicted